Path of Exile - Open Beta Launched

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Path of Exile has kicked off their open beta, though unsurprisingly, their servers are struggling:
The Open Beta patch (0.10.0) has been deployed and is ready for download (just patch your existing Beta client or download a new one). The game servers will come up when the countdown timer hits zero. You can queue for login before that time if you'd like. The Closed Beta kiwi packs have been removed from the site. If you're quick you may be able to email support@grindinggear.com before the countdown hits zero to arrange a manual purchase. We can't sell any more after that deadline though.
More information.

I tried it last night, it has a Diablo feel and a bit of Titan Quest thrown in also, but the camera is far too zoomed in for me, feels too claustrophobic.

And way too many disconnects and lag spikes in the hour or so I played, but the open beta just started so hopefully they will improve this.

I do wish I could play an offline single player version even if I did have to pay something for the game as opposed to the online Free to Play multiplayer setup they have for it now.
Would be great to see what modders could do with this game down the road if that were the case.

Did you try zooming out with the mouse wheel? I didn't find the max zoom distance to be too bad (unless things have changed since the last open beta; I haven't logged into this one yet).

Not much special about the gameplay of this one, except for the skill tree. The biggest pull the game has for me is levelling up so I can geek out over that massive skill tree. Good stuff.

I tried it last night, it has a Diablo feel and a bit of Titan Quest thrown in also, but the camera is far too zoomed in for me, feels too claustrophobic.

And way too many disconnects and lag spikes in the hour or so I played, but the open beta just started so hopefully they will improve this.

yeah, try zooming out with the mouse wheel, doesnt get quite as zoomed out you'd want, but pretty close.
it seems they've fixed the disconnects today, been playing for 2-3 hours now just fine.

act1 and 2 could use a bit more polish now that that they've finally put in the 3rd one. havent got to it yet, but looks great in the new trailer..

I had fun with the game today.
Good Diablo clone. :) And it does have that Titan Quest feel to.
Yes there were a few disconnects, but it is fine since the servers are a bit overloaded.
They are going to fix that.
And there are some other aspects of the game that need to be fixed as well.
But overall I like the game. It is not the best aRPG but it is a good one.
Hope that will be even better in the future.

Started it up but lag killed me TWICE. So I quit and will try again tonight. :(

This is a great aRPG with nice loot and customization. It's fun, too.

Having been completely put off Diablo 3 I intend to play the beta. I played one of the open beta weekends long ago and it was a decent Diablo clone. The character skill customization is impressive, but a little overwhelming.

I especially love their anti pay-to-win stance. Too bad Jay didn't take the same approach with D3.

Funny fully priced game is using pay2win philosophy while F2P game isn't

I hope the cosmetic purchases you can make in the game will be sufficient to keep it F2P &/or not make content suffer. I intend to play PoE this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom