Mass Effect 3 - Extended Cut Review @ Eurogamer

aries100

SasqWatch
Eurogamer has a review of the Extended Cut in which the author ask the question "EC - a happy ending?" Link to the Eurogamer article - spoilers to follow, so read at your own risk.

The author begins the ME3 Extended Cut review with these lines:
They're the same endings. A little better. More or less.
Whether you'll prefer them or not depends on exactly what you didn't like about Mass Effect 3's original finale - not to mention whether you think BioWare changing anything in the wake of all the complaints was a matter of creative cowardice or just the narrative equivalent of patching a bug. Ultimately, it's ended up a little bit of both.
More information.

Hmm, I still haven't seen the new endings, but according to the article the indoctrination theory is killed off. From what I've read elsewhere the extra endings supported that weird theory. So which is true?

Maybe I have to dig it up over the weekend and judge for myself. I never found the indoctrination theory to make much sense, but the ending was so bad I wouldn't rule it out.

Hmm, I still haven't seen the new endings, but according to the article the indoctrination theory is killed off. From what I've read elsewhere the extra endings supported that weird theory. So which is true?

The new endings leave no doubt that what happens is real.

Here are a few interesting items from GameFront on ME3's "Extended Cut". Beware of SPOILERS!

An article posted yesterday (July 4), FTC Complainant Happy With Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut, reports that the fan who filed the FTC complaint over the original ME3 endings considers the issues to have been resolved by the Extended Cut.

An article posted on July 2, BioWare Clarifies Mass Effect 3 Red Ending Detail, reports on comments from BioWare Community Coordinator Tully Ackland that, "… the ending is meant to imply that yes, Shepard is probably still alive."

In an article posted June 29, Mass Effect 3′s Refusal Ending: ‘Artistic Integrity’ Achieved, GameFront examines the Refusal Ending in detail and gives their take on the pros and cons of the controversial new ending. The commentary ends on a generally positive note. The article also links to short videos of all of the new endings.

Comments on these articles posted at GameFront by fans and former fans of ME3 go both ways. I'm coming to the view that if BioWare treads both wisely and carefully (and that's a really big "IF"), its possible the Extended Cut might reinvigorate ME3. Only time will tell.

__

Last edited:
The new endings leave no doubt that what happens is real.

Excellent. I considered it something of a "grasping at straws" theory, glad to see that turned out to be the case.

I'm not =\ I was hoping Indoctrination Theory was right after all >.>

Back
Top Bottom