InXile Entertainment - In-Game Advertising

Dhruin

SasqWatch
inXile sent out a press release announcing Intergi as their in-game advertising partner for their "portfolio":
Deerfield Beach, Fla.—April 23, 2009 — inXile Entertainment (www.inxile-entertainment.com), a leading game development company focused on bringing the highest quality video games to computer, mobile and console gaming systems, today announced a new, exclusive advertising agreement with Intergi (www.intergi.com), a leading video game and entertainment advertising representation company. Under the terms of the agreement, Intergi will represent and supply advertising opportunities for inXile’s portfolio of gaming properties including Line Rider and Fantastic Contraption.
Note to Fargo: if you are making Wastelands 2, keep this far away.
More information.

I don't see a problem with having Wastelands 2 with ads, as long as they're in-game. Imagine, a post-apocalyptic setting, you run around and see half destroyed billboards with a Coke ad. That's ok with me.

As long as they are pre-war billboards and the like, and not something like the use of Bawls in Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, it doesn't bother me that much.

In game ads done right in the right setting can actually add a lot to the atmosphere to the game. I prefer to have real ads over "Faka Cola" ads any day.

Just keep ads away from games. period. Its even far worse than DRM or dumbing down games phenomenon. If we accept this soon game companies will start listening advertisers and quality suffers even more.

I would also prefer to keep ads out of games.

I could however accept the idea to have adds in free versions of games and being able to buy the game to get rid of the ads.

I could however accept the idea to have adds in free versions of games and being able to buy the game to get rid of the ads.

I think that would be an unnecessary complication - then they would probably have to introduce special DRM to make sure that people can't get rid of the ads without buying the game. And I'm pretty sure that there still would be super-important ads which you wouldn't be able to get rid of even if you offered your soul. ;)

Real ads in games - no.

No. No, no, no, no, no.

Uh-uh. No.

Back
Top Bottom