Obsidian Entertainment - Feargus Urquhart Interview part 2 @ RPS

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
The second part of the Feargus Urquhart's interview is up on Rock, Papaer, Shotgun.
RPS: So where does that leave crowdfunding for Obsidian as a company? Is it ultimately more of a sidestep – after which you’ll go back to publishing more traditionally for your projects? Or has it been a transformative experience for all of you?
Feargus Urquhart: These are enjoyable games to make. I think it would be great to keep on making them. It helps us build a brand. So that’s where it’s transformative. It’s going to change our business, absolutely. Is it going to change the entirety of our business? No. I would still love to make Fallout: New Vegas 2, or whatever. Or even take Eternity at some point and have Eternity the [Infinity Engine] games and then Eternity the big open-world CRPG. I think that would be really cool.
Nothing stops us from being able to do those two different things. It’s going to make us look at Eternity as a brand. What else can we do with it? I want to hook up with the Pathfinder guys and see about doing a Pathfinder Eternity world book thing. It sounds a little weird, but… A card game. A board game. I’ve already been chatting with Cryptozoic Entertainment. We have nothing going on specifically, but they have a lot of experience in board games and card games. That’s what’s going to be transformative.
But overall, we still love making those big games. I don’t think we have to say we have to do one or the other.
More information.

"and... and lunchboxes! I want Eternity lunchboxes in the hands of school kids. And I want everyone to have a Forton bobblehead on their desk, and even a Sagani hula dancer on their dashboards! It sounds a little weird, but..."

I don't want bobbleheads from Obsidian games.
Too EAish.

Back
Top Bottom