The Witcher 2 - Updated FAQ

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CD Projekt Red has released a new FAQ for The Witcher 2 in .pdf format, which VoodooExtreme has kicked up as web page. The topics covered are DRM, registration, importing savegames from The Witcher and system performance. A sample:
The Witcher 2 is being developed for one platform, the PC. What this basically means, especially together with our proprietary REDengine, is that we take advantage of the most advanced performance hardware. Our game doesn’t compromise its performance, gameplay, the interface or anything else to accommodate other platforms.
The REDengine is built so players with two-core processors and min-spec machines will receive a fully enjoyable experience. Even more importantly, anyone with the recommended 4 cores and/or hyperthreading will see a visible improvement. 6 cores? 8? Cool! The Witcher 2 will make good use of them all. The game will also scale exceptionally well. It has not only low, medium and high graphical settings, but also an ultra detail level… and even an “uber sampling” mode.
Note: The release version of the game will have an advanced graphical settings menu. It will also support the 16:9 aspect ratio and be playable in 16:10 (non-native) as well as 4:3 (letterbox).
In other ...*ahem*...news, Triss has appeared in the Polish release of Playboy...
More information.

Pc Gamers need to get behind this game and support it to show other devs that pc exclusives can be profitable.

Not only did i pre-order the game ....I did it before i ordered a new computer to play the damm thing...(i need one anyways) But wife asked why i had to spend so much lol

It had better be spelled "über" or there's going to be trouble! ;)

So we got strong 3D support, multi-core support that scales up depending on how many we've got, save anywhere, naughty bits, and... rats, no mention of 64-bit support. Oh well, I guess we can't have everything quite yet.

I just checked to see if I still have any save games. I do. NINTEY FIVE OF THEM! That's over a gigabyte worth of saves on my precious C drive!

I always had concoles...always used them for playing game like NHL, golf, and other silly games....
Always bought the the latest and great PC for RPG games....hate the fact that they have crossed over....

I always had concoles…always used them for playing game like NHL, golf, and other silly games….
Always bought the the latest and great PC for RPG games….hate the fact that they have crossed over….

Yes I own a ps3 for blue rays and madden thats it. Otherwise it's pc only.

Don't mind cross platform games but they should be developed for the best hardware (pc) then scaled down to consoles not the other way around.

Finally a developer implementing true multithreading instead of the partial multithreading that developers have been doing. (at least in games I play) They probably won't do 64-bit support since they would need two different versions with one coded for 32-bit and the other coded for 64-bit which would take much more development time for little benefit. The only way they are going to make 64-bit games is either if the next version of Windows is only 64-bit and has Direct X 12 and there are games exclusively for Direct X 12 or if AI becomes much better then it currently is and there will be a significant benefit for the use of 64-bit.

What would make me very happy if they out sold DA2 ....This would show the Big house we are willing to drop our money for a well built PC game....Give them something to think about....

I punched a friend in the stomach today because he told me he was going to pirate the game. He said all games with DRM should be pirated to show the developers that people want to play their games, but not with DRM. I told him about the GoG version, and he just said that it was the biggest rip off, because you pay the same price as a physical version, but don't get any of the physical goodies, you have to pay even more to print the manual and other stuff in the Digital release.

We're still best buds, just a disagreement on one thing.

"I punched a friend in the stomach today because he told me he was going to pirate the game."
I can proudly say in 27 years of gaming i have never pirated a game….and maybe if people like your friend didn't … we wouldn't get stuck with so many crappy games…

I had this preordered already at a local gamestop because of wanting the physical copy, but am probably going to cancel that and get it from gog just to support them even more. What is everyone else doing with their preorders?

I had this preordered already at a local gamestop because of wanting the physical copy, but am probably going to cancel that and get it from gog just to support them even more. What is everyone else doing with their preorders?

I'm still getting a boxed copy because I want the book and map, but now I think I'm going to get the gog version first.

It'll be cool to be able to start playing it at 12:00am on release day. I've never done that before. :)

I already pre-ordered from Direct2Drive, I had a 20% discount from a Rift guild member so I Pre-ordered for $36 USD.

Well, I don't believe in pre-orders because I've been burned in the past with day-one purchases and I prefer to wait at least a week or two after a game is released in order to get more information than what is available in previews, but I am considering breaking that trend to pre-order this game. If I do, I plan on going through gog; it's a rare opportunity to have my purchase go straight to the developers instead of the publisher, Steam, retail, etc.

The witcher 2 collectors edition for me and 2 gog versions for the kids.

Last edited:
I'm torn because I really do want all the trinkets in the Collector's Edition, but I also would prefer to support independent (non EA) developers who actually care to make quality games. Thing is, I'm already going to be spending $142 ($129 + tax & shipping) for the CE so I don't think I can really justify spending another $45 or so.

Back
Top Bottom