Pantheon - Post-Funding Update #55

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
If you would liek to see what the development status is of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, which failed to meet its funding goal on Kickstarter you can check out their facebook page, which has quite a few of them. They hope this will result in people donating some money to keep them going.

You may have also heard some of the bittersweet news. While we have demos, builds, business plans and term sheets to show investors, we haven't received any funding outside of crowdfunding on www.pantheonrotf.com, and this money almost entirely run out.

At first, we told people to only continue to donate to keep the web site up and such, but we are now planning on the following and therefore would welcome additional crowdfunding in support of development and completing our dream: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen

1. Some of the team is returning, albeit it part time, giving what time they can

2. We have some new funding leads

3. People are getting excited about what I posted on FB (should have done so weeks ago -- my mistake)

4. I'm committed to this project and finding funding.

5. We are looking for new team members to add to the group -- people who can work part time right now without a huge income.

Anyway, to keep the board up and to help out those who need some extra $$ to pay the bills, if you are able, please donate at www.pantheonrotf.com. If you can't, we understand -- please continue to spread the word about the game -- this is super important.
More information.

There is a, to put it lightly, disappointing post on the Facebook page:

Don't care if this game looks like next gen or the Oregon trail. If the team brings back that sense of adventure, non cookie cutter pre set path guidance and social interaction/belong/teamwork this will be a huge success . I am pulling for you guys to make your money goal to create your dream.
Like · · 22 hours ago near Arlington, TX
Teah-Jay Cartwright You mean for Brad. Everyone walked out on him on Friday. Read the recent news about him misappropriating funds.

So, if this is to be believed, as of yesterday, the odds of this happening have gone from about 5% to <1% ?

In any case, if Brad's reputation was in trouble prior to this (due to Vanguard), it's in absolute shambles now. It's just a sad, sad turn of events - I really wanted something to happen with this from the first moment it got posted to Kickstarter.

Yeah, the posts about this on the Pantheon forums just got nastier as the day progressed. I really don't seen anything positive happening after all that went down this week. Too bad, and really sad, the game could have been great.

Well, and I just received a Kickstarter update stating Brad plans on creating a whole new team and continuing, at a slower pace. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.....but I still hope it gets made at some point.

The team is what made the KS fail. It was enough to watch 20 seconds in one of their team presentation to understand they would not get funded.
The team should be assembled with proper looking developpers and then, a new attempt at KS.

The damage is done. Where there is smoke there is fire. How many times does Brad need to mess up until people learn. Anyone that gives him money is a fool. He will use your money to pay his bills and maybe worse.

Sounds like he's desperate, which is rarely a good thing.

I hope he doesn't commit suicide, but the typical pattern is there (mega-fame -> drug addiction -> failure)

I can't pretend to know anything about his personal life, but if he really took out money from the project for drug-related reasons, that's a pretty bad sign.

I lost my sister to drugs, so the pattern is not unfamiliar.

Back
Top Bottom