Puzzle Quest: CotW - XBox360 Add-On Title Announced

magerette

Hedgewitch
Publisher D3 has announced the winner of their title contest for the proposed add-on to Inifintive Interactive's XBox360 version of their puzzle/rpg success of last year, Puzzle Quest. Eurogamer has the details:
D3Publisher has announced the winning entry in its recent competition to name the first Puzzle Quest XBLA expansion.
More than 500 people came up with suggestions, but in the end D3 went for Revenge of the Plague Lord. Runner-ups were Sorceress of Malbec and The Scourge of Antharg...
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - Revenge of the Plague Lord will include new professions such as Bard, Rogue, Ranger and Warlock, 50 additional spells and 40 items, plus loads more monsters and bosses. The expansion is due out this spring.
No word as yet as to which other platforms, if any, will see the add-on, but the original game was supported on PC, as well as the DS and the PS3.
More information.

if any, will see the add-on, but the original game was supported on PC, as well as the DS and the PS3.

Actually, it was supported on: Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, Xbox Live Arcade, Wii, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, Playstation 3, Mac, Mobile phones.

Yeah, totally not pimping out a property there. That game's had more ports than 17th century Holland.

I knew I couldn't remember them all. Mike(txa1265) has at least 5 of those versions, I think. ;)

Here in Germany the game still is available only via digital distribution, or ion other words: As a downloadable version.

ValuSoft/THQ seemingly sees no money in a boxed version.

This fits more or lessl to the new tactics of some publishers of releasing singleplayer titles only for consoles or non-boxed, meanwhile multiplayer games for PCs. LucasArts, for example, does it.

A totally general - and not at all specific to this certain game - annoyance is for me to sell a game world-wide, but limit the allowed participants of a contest to a single country.

In this case, only U.S. citizens were allowed to participate, not even Australian ones (Australia is - if I understood this correctly - the country where the developers of Puzzle Quest are located).

Back
Top Bottom