Original Sin - Preview @ The Gaming Heretic

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Gaming Heretic takes a look at the Early Access version of Divinity: Original Sin.

Being an alpha build, the game often crashed, or I’d find myself in a place where I couldn’t advance. I had to start the game over a handful of times from my last save point and got to a point where I was saving every time I felt that I had just accomplished something important or if I just hadn’t saved in 10 minutes. I learned to do this the hard way after I had lost an hour’s progress early on due to a crash. In retrospect, it was really maybe only about 10-15 minutes of work but the game was new to me and it felt like such a huge loss at the time. Some of the other bugs included a door being locked that shouldn’t have been (thankfully it later unlocked so I could progress), and an instance where I accidentally started a chat dialogue with a sheep that the game wouldn’t let me out of; I had to force close.

All of these are, however, understandable, as the game is still under development. Annoying, but understandable.

There’s so much more to the game that I haven’t had the chance to play yet: multiplayer, larger battles, the crafting system, custom content, etc. If things continue as they are, I think the game will be worth its $40 price once it’s released if you’re a fan of RPGs. I really liked what I saw and experienced.
More information.

So it's still in alpha but they expect release in about a month?

No, release date will be shifted. It's currently unknown for how long.

And it's good that it's shifted because I have already too many newly released games to (re)play. Bloody 2013 with not enough games, bloody 2014 with too much of games!

Back
Top Bottom