Not receiving an activation mail? Unable to register? Check here

Arhu

Two Sides
Staff Member
Administrator
When you register you should be receiving an activation mail with a link to click on, to verify your email address is valid. As our forum isn't 100% configured yet, that mail may be eaten by your own or by your provider's spam filter, for example by hotmail.

So please check your spamfolder. The email that is sent out by this forum looks like this:

Subject: Action Required to Activate Membership for RPGWatch Forums
Sender: RPGWatch Forums.

Addition October 18, 2016: We are having issues with sending mails out to web.de and gmx.de. You need to use a different mail client in order to receive mails. If you created the account and want to keep it, send us a message via contact us, with the following information:
- The registered name
- The web.de or gmx.de email account that we can't send mails to and which you used during registration (so we can verify it is you)
- The new email account that you want to use instead

Addition April 25, 2017: Don't use Internet Explorer during registration. The Captcha doesn't work with it and your registration will fail. Use Chrome, Firefox or anything else, but Internet Explorer.
Better to not use Internet Explorer at all. It is a crappy browser and doesn't support the standards it needs to support for accessing all functionality on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:
My email client *really* doesn't like the forums address ...

Just to follow-up ... Hotmail *really* hates the email - check the header:
Potentially dangerous message. Report & Delete
Mail has failed SenderID check. We recommend you contact the sender via phone before opening this mail. Learn more

It won't let me 'allow sender' ...

That was probably because there was no sender. There now is one, plus I've enabled a certain "-f parameter" (thanks garvity for the tip). So let's see what it brings.

If anyone still hasn't got an activation mail, please tell us. I've enabled posting in this forum for users who are not yet fully "activated".

Last edited:
Just to confirm - on the topic reply notifications, I was able to 'allw sender' no problem and everything comes to my inbox properly.

Thanks to Jaz for resending my confirmation email! It just came in a couple hours ago. Before the changes, none of the messages were getting through, not even to my spam folder.

Good to know it worked!

Just in case - I resent activation mails to all those who are shown as 'awaiting registration'. So if someone receives two registration mails... my fault. But two is better than none... ;).

Just incase anyone cares my registration process went rather swimmingly. I couldn't bear to leave this community behind; although I haven't been a very active member throughout the years I have grown attached to all of the regulars here. You folks run a great show, and I find that having access to a rather mature and caring international community has been rewarding. Please keep up the good work; I say this in all sincerity. Loosing the dot community would be a tragic loss indeed.

Arhu,

I still have not received my activation e-mail. Might I give you a different e-mail address that is configured differently so that it will not "filter" the e-mail? If so to whom should I send this new e-mail address?

Tauschitz

What is the purpose of the "activation" e-mail? Is it only to verify your e-mail, or is it supposed to prevent spambots from posting to the newgroups? If the latter, it's not working -- I was able to create a new account and post immediatelly without activation.

I still have not seen this e-mail. I rather suspect my ISP's "auto-delete spam" feature ate it (useless though it is against real spam).

Stanza: All users, including guests, can comment on newsbits. Users waiting for their activation mail such as you can post in "General Forums - RPGWatch" so they can tell us there were problems with the activation mail. You can't post anywhere else. ;)

That said, have you checked all your spam folders? Trash bin? Otherwise I'm sure Jaz will try to send you another activation mail. :)

I re-sent the activation code last night.

hey guys!
I didn't want to open new thread, so I'll just post in this one.
Anyway, I just found about this site and it seems like a nice place! Can't wait to see more stuff here. Good work so far!

Glad to hear you like it and welcome!!

Hi there. I've had no email yet, and my junk filter hasn't blocked anything. I would very much like to start posting and become part of the community. Could someone please re-send the activation.

They are usually generated automatically and very quickly, so it's strange you haven't received it yet. Hopefully an admin will see your post and do a resend.

Sin, I registered your account. If it still doesn't work for you (you won't get another email this way), just shout out.

Sin, one small heads up; Jaz is NOT a sir!! :)

Back
Top Bottom