Gothic 2 Magic in Gothic 2

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I scoured various old backups of PCs I don't even have anymore and found a nice collection of save files for Gothic 2+NotR. I have a G2 save where I am in chapter 2and just starting out in the NotR expansion area.

This particular character save is a Mage. I have Circle of Magic books 1 and 2 and two runes that I guess I created... the best one of which is Fireball.

I've forgotton a lot of the details about magic in G2 so was wondering if some of you can fill in the blanks.

1) I have 2 rune blanks in my inventory, where can I buy/find more?

2) How exactly can I learn the next circle of magic. The NPC at the monestary keeps saying I'm not ready to learn circle of magic 3. How exactly do I get 'ready?'

3) Should I be spending the bulk of my Learning Points to increase Mana?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

1) At the monastery there is the winekeeper magician where you can buy others in every chapter that comes now. Others can be found around the world (chests) but they are rare so you will have to choose carefully.

2) Go to the next chapter by completing a part of the main quest.

3) If you want to go as a full mage instead of some kind of battle mage, yes, you can spend a certain amount of LP to increase mana.

Remember to save up the stat boosting tablets for the later stages of the game. Mana, strength, dexterity, all cost more LPs to learn when you start to reach higher levels in them . Wait until they're too expensive to buy before using the tablets.

Thanks for the tips guys =)

Back
Top Bottom