The Witcher - Review @ India Times

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Accessibility seems to be the big point in this review of The Witcher at the India Times:
Loads of patience, hours of poring through manuals and understanding the intricate mechanisms of the gameplay are factors that detract most gamers away from the role-playing game (RPG) genre.

Now, imagine a game that is easy to play without any great effort, and provides the same excitement and sense of belonging of established games, such as World of Warcraft (WOW) or Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Welcome to The Witcher, a gripping swords-and-sorcery RPG by Polish developer CD Projekt along with Atari.
More information.

I never read any of the manuals that come with my games except for back with the protection schemes where you had to look through the manual to solve the questions. I have played pretty much every rpg that has existed and have learned that you can figure out how to play the game by just going in and trying it out. I don't think people should be put off of RPGs by the manuals.

I usually read the manual first, my curiosity level is about 5, which is quite high in the Dark Eye RPG rules of the third edition.

Back
Top Bottom