Legends of Dawn - Post-Funding Update #26

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Dreamatrix has a new post-funding update for Legends of Dawn. The topic is about patching the game and announcing that patch 1.05 is available.
Legends of Dawn Patch 1.05 now live on Steam!

Important: Please note that for non-Steam version of game, we've just uploaded patch v1.05 to our website and you can download it here: http://www.dreamatrix.net/site/index.php/legends-of-dawn/downloads.html

This patch upgrades all previous versions, from 1.00 to version 1.05. This patch should not be applied to Steam version of the game. Steam players should update the game using Steam client.

Patch 1.05:
===========

- point'n'click player movement

- added map bookmarks

- fixed scroll of faith cost bug

- added level display for wearable items

- various small improvements regarding memory allocations

- fixed doubleclick crash when saving game

Now player can be controlled with WASD to move and by clicking on place you want him to go. Your character DOES NOT search for optimal path. That's up to you as a player. Reason for this is that game is filled with narrow canyons, rocks, fallen trees etc which make pathfinding very difficult. This is not such problem for monsters but it is annoying when your player backtracks when you want him to go forward. AI pathfinding uses path grid with density optimized for creatures, not for player. Also there are many locations where pathfinding will not find most optimal route, for example when player jumps from low cliff, while AI pathfinding will find roundabout route.

Map is now interactive. We have added bookmarks feature to maps panel. Right click on the location on the map and choose "Add Bookmark". You will be able to write short bookmark on that location. To delete bookmark, right click on the bookmark icon and choose "Delete Bookmark". Note that bookmarks are invisible if you place them on area covered with fog of war.

We have fixed the cost of Scroll of Faith. There was bug displaying wrong price when buying scrolls thus making it possible to buy a lot of scrolls and cast many spells thus making game unbalanced.

Wearable items (armors, weapons, helmets, shields etc) now have level shown in tooltip. Also, items that can be crafted now show level of item. Note that when crafting such items, higher level items have much better chance to receive better magical bonuses. Lvl 1 items will at best have Poor or Pitiful prefix while lvl 8 or better items can be everything from Poor to Strong, Mighty and better.

We have fixed game crash that occurred during save game when player doubleclicked on 'Yes' button in confirmation window.
More information.

Much better performance with this patch. In the previous versions I couldn't even quit the game - I either had to go to task manager or do a hard shut down. Also the slide show effect of movement is gone but I did have to reduce resolution to 1440.

Right now I am in the mid game of Eschalon book 2 and the stability of that indie game is astounding compared to Legends of Dawn. Hopefully the LOD folks keep fine tuning their game because it seems to be a good one. (somewhere down the road)

This is going to be all fixed up and ready to go right when Divinity:OS comes out, isn't it?

They still haven't fixed my issues though which is the extremely long load time which seems longer now and the glow on the runes when you are lock picking being too bright.

I've heard the level scaling in this game is atrocius, is this so? Level scaling is what I like the least in my games :/

I've heard the level scaling in this game is atrocius, is this so? Level scaling is what I like the least in my games :/

Haven't been playing it since I realised it wasn't fully baked at launch, but I do remember them saying that the game wouldn't have level scaling at all. So not sure where this comes from.

They still haven't fixed my issues though which is the extremely long load time which seems longer now and the glow on the runes when you are lock picking being too bright.

You do know, you don't place runes on the glowing ones, right? You build a path between them :)

It depends on how you define level scaling. Areas are a certain level, not scaled to your level, so that's good.

Treasure is locked down to match your level, no matter if you've struggled to reach a much higher area. There are a very few chests that seem to have area leveled loot.

Merchants do not scale to your level. They almost all have junk by the time you reach them. If you could live and have seriously saved your money, you might be able to reach a high level city at low level and get a nice weapon. Haven't tried that, as I like to find loot to make my builds.

I've played this thing for 80 hours or so, making several builds and melee is just dull. Magic is better, with different effects for every spell. However, mana potions don't exist and mana scrolls are all level 1. Once past level 4 or 5, mana takes 5 minutes or more to recharge.

Another note:

Unless you use the crafting exploit, you'll never have much money. That's one thing the game has right. An example, something that is worth 153 coins will get you 4 coins if you sell it. So even though you finds hoards of loot, you'll have a very hard time kitting out your house. Of course there is no fast travel and your house is way out in the boonies.

These guys made some hideously stupid mistakes in this game, and that's one of them. There should be multiple teleports, one outside each city or habited area that have to be activated, but there isn't. One spawn point at a time for the whole game with a literal 15-20 minute walk between town and wilderness.

Back
Top Bottom