South Park - Censored in Australia

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I know we have a few watchers from Australia so this might intrest a few of you. It seems South Park: The Stick of Truth is the next game to be censored for release.

Player Attack has two articles about the subject. You can find the first one here, and the second one here. You can always use a proxy if you want the untouched version.

Australia censors South Park: The Stick of Truth

Even with the introduction of an R18+ adults only rating in Australia, video games are still being edited before making it Down Under. The latest? South Park: The Stick of Truth, which was labelled R18+ last week. Turns out, Aussies will be getting a censored version of the cartoon RPG when it arrives in March.

At this stage, it's unclear exactly what has been changed in the game, but a spokesperson from Ubisoft has told us that a "slightly modified version of South Park The Stick of Truth has been approved for release in Australia on March 6".

The Australian Classification Board actually rated South Park: The Stick of Truth twice. The official rating was the second time the game had been through the process. Three weeks earlier, the Board rated another Ubisoft title, Codename, which had the same "High impact crude humour, sex scenes and references to sexual violence" as South Park.
More information.

Bah, what's the point of it? This is internet, uncensored version can always be smuggled. Well… Unless you live in North Korea.

And also labels on games... Like that'll prevent anyone. They can label it 100+ for all anyone cares.

They can't handle the (stick of) truth!
Untitled-1.jpg

Will Australia still get to hear Kenny squeal like a pig or are anal probe sound effects banned too?

Apparently some of the sounds are retained, but maybe there are quicktime events to pass the probing session? So they just removed the whole section. Maybe some prelude sounds are kept?

Not that I'm going to buy it but all Australians should be buying their games from ozgameshop anyway. UK version and cheaper so it's a win win. Granted you have to wait up to two weeks for delivery but I prefer to save the dough so it doesn't bother me.

Back
Top Bottom