Dungeons of Dredmor - Realm of the Diggle Gods Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Realm of the Diggle Gods is now available on Steam (and Desura soon, apparently) for $2.99:
  • Six new skill trees: Veganism, Big Game Hunting, Werediggling, Emomancy, Piracy, and Demonology.
  • One Hundred New Items! .. ish.
  • Five new dungeon levels, in a variety of flavours!
  • New mysterious portals that lead to places that will kill you!
  • New scriptable rooms, providing joyful puzzles and traps!
  • A dozen new monster types to fight!
  • Polymorphing!
  • And More!
More information.

Ooo, polymorph in rogue-style games has quite a history.

EMOmancy!?

I may go back and give it a try. I'm particularly interested in the "No Time to Grind" option because my biggest complaint about dreadmore was that the dungeon levels were way too big and monotonous.

More updates are forthcoming should folk have any problems, just that holiday rush period and whatnot affecting the devs same as most folk. This expansion is a fine capper to 2011 and bodes pretty well for the future of the game in 2012.

I'm particularly interested in the "No Time to Grind" option because my biggest complaint about dreadmore was that the dungeon levels were way too big and monotonous.
Note that you don't need the add-on/DLC for this. The "No Time to Grind" option is included in the (free) patch.

Ah well I already got the patch, but overall I'm much happier with the expansion with the no time to grind option turned on then I was with the original. It's still nowhere near the complexity of the major roguelikes, but it's starting to come into it's own as a fun coffee break roguelike.

The only thing I hate about it now is the new crafting interface. I don't know what they were thinking with that. I can only hope there will be some patches there soon.

Note that you don't need the add-on/DLC for this. The "No Time to Grind" option is included in the (free) patch.

Heads up! Realm of the Diggle Gods is on sale at Steam now. From its very affordable 2.99 Euros price it's been discounted by 75%! I almost feel ashamed of paying this little for it (0.74 Euros was the discounted price). Goodness gracious!

Back
Top Bottom