BioWare - New Franchise Revealed Soon?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This thread on the Bioforums exposes a tweet that points to a "new franchise" being launched by BioWare at the VGAs in December, although GameInformer will apparently have some teaser images as early as Monday.
Here's Geoff Keighley's tweet:
Also at the VGAs: Alan Wake returns and @Bioware unveils a new game from a new studio. Teaser images in December Game Informer mag.
So, heading off to GameInformer we find:
Three promised reveals include a look at a brand new franchise from BioWare, the developer behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age. We'll also get a look at the next Alan Wake title and a full reveal of Metal Gear Solid: Rising. We'll have the first teaser images of these titles this Monday at Gameinformer.com (also featured in the December issue), so check back then.
Note the "new studio" part in the first quote, so that presumably excludes Edmonton and possibly could even mean a completely 3rd party titled published under EA's new BioWare label.
More information.

Yawn, most likely some new console oriented rpg-lite action game series.

Could also be BioWare Mtl studio, they have been mostly used as QA and level designers for BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Austin, but they should have a full team now.

As for new franchise, could it just be the Return of Jade Empire. It have been mentioned a few times by the BioDocs in the last few months.

I'm pretty sure Bioware Montreal were also the ones who did the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer portion, but they might have something else on their plates.

-Sergorn

Could also be BioWare Mtl studio, they have been mostly used as QA and level designers for BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Austin, but they should have a full team now.

As for new franchise, could it just be the Return of Jade Empire. It have been mentioned a few times by the BioDocs in the last few months.

I hope not, besides that wouldn't be a brand new franchise.

The tweet only said a new BioWare game was going to be revealed at the VGA, Game Informer, which is notorious for erroneous information, claims the new franchise announcement. I can see Game Informer ignoring that a Jade Empire game already exist, but it can be something new as well.

Hmm perhaps an ultima?

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

I can't wait to see what the New Shit™ looks like these days. Can't wait to see what the state of the art is now for slightly-interactive dvd menus.

Keep chasing those profits, you corporate sellout hacks. You haven't made a proper game in a decade.

The last thing I want to do when I sit down to play a crpg is listen to a bunch of people talk about their feelings.

Bioware, man up, just admit you're in the interactive movie business. You write linear narratives and hide them behind an illusion of extremely limited interaction.

Every time I press a button something awesome happens, eh? That's the same thing that happens when I use my blender, or my microwave, or my dvd player.

None of those activities is a game.

You're an embarrassment to the industry and yourselves.

Stop calling yourselves game developers. Just stop.

2c

Aren't they tired of killing franchises, with console designs yet?

Does gay elf sex fit in with the quest for virtue? Perhaps. I'm sure BioWaste will figure it out…

There was an npc in Ultima 7 who it was implied was a little more than friendly with his gargoyle 'friend'.

Then again, I'm not even sure they have a gender.

Chris Priestly in Bioware forums stated that he can't say what it is, but it's definitely not Jade Empire.

I have no clue what it could be to be honest. Probably another game that takes Bioware even further from the RPG roots is my guess :D

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

I can't wait to see what the New Shit™ looks like these days. Can't wait to see what the state of the art is now for slightly-interactive dvd menus.

Keep chasing those profits, you corporate sellout hacks. You haven't made a proper game in a decade.

The last thing I want to do when I sit down to play a crpg is listen to a bunch of people talk about their feelings.

Bioware, man up, just admit you're in the interactive movie business. You write linear narratives and hide them behind an illusion of extremely limited interaction.

Every time I press a button something awesome happens, eh? That's the same thing that happens when I use my blender, or my microwave, or my dvd player.

None of those activities is a game.

You're an embarrassment to the industry and yourselves.

Stop calling yourselves game developers. Just stop.

2c

I think you typed the wrong web page in before typing this crap.

Chris Priestly in Bioware forums stated that he can't say what it is, but it's definitely not Jade Empire.

He doesn't mention anything about it not being Jade Empire. All he said is that he can't drop hints (which in itself suggest it's something we should recognize).

Also, I remember last year, the VGA teaser for ME3 was touted as an all new game and some people believed it was a new franchise too. Seems this is following the same pattern, which mean the game should be released sometimes in 2013 or early 2014...

I'll take the wait and see since there is absolutely no information on what it is.

I dunno, it was pretty funny and basically how I feel about any bioware announcements these days.

Yes I agree. It sees some people cant recognize sarcasm. Any news about Bioware doesn't interest me as it once did.

Back
Top Bottom