Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money Review @ GameSpot

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameSpot has kicked up their review of Dead Money for Fallout: New Vegas. The score is 6.5/10 as they cite frustrating exploration but great writing and voice-acting:
If you were to list your favorite aspects of Fallout: New Vegas, "trap avoidance" would not likely be a top entry. Nevertheless, New Vegas' first downloadable add-on, Dead Money, requires you to make your way through trap-infested streets and corridors, where you must keep your eyes peeled and your ears keen, lest you miss the signs of the game's deadly hazards. The focus on careful exploration sometimes acts as a strength; at other times, a weakness. Escaping a mine-infested street can make for tense progress, which in turn leads to a pleasant feeling of relief should you make it through unharmed. On the other hand, these constant dangers eventually lead to frustration because the labyrinthine and monotonous levels suck the joy out of exploration. Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money too often stresses the main game's worst qualities. For example, it's incredible that developer Obsidian Entertainment thought to include several jumping bits, considering the game engine's terrible, unresponsive jumping mechanics. Fortunately, great voice acting and intriguing new characters provide a counterpoint to the flaws and inspire you to push ahead regardless of the frustrations.
Thanks, Omega, for this and several other items!
More information.

Dead Money too often stresses the main game's worst qualities. For example, it's incredible that developer Obsidian Entertainment thought to include several jumping bits, considering the game engine's terrible, unresponsive jumping mechanics.

JUMPING SEQUENCES ????????

I am so NOT there. With the upcoming Deus Ex, 2Worlds2 and yes even Precursors, Dead money will not be seeing my money.

Back
Top Bottom