Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - Trailer @ Gamers Hell

Why is the movie file named "Gothic_JWD_Sound_Warning_v2"? :S
Is that a "sound warning" to stay away, or what? :lol:

No wonder that jowood has been pretty hush hush about forsaken gods..It didn't get me very excited, but am i buying this? hell yeah :)

only way ill buy it is after its released i read on the forums that

a) I dont need to totally change the way vista boots up and allocates memory and
b) The game doesnt crash with 'where's the guru' errors every 45 minutes.

I'm definetly buying it, but certainly not because of the video.

The video was pretty pointless and didn't show anything new - and specifically it didn't seem to have any kind of "enhanced" combat system, which was the biggest reason for getting this.

That said, I wouldn't say it was "horrible", as it looked like more Gothic 3, which apart from the problems it had is still the best freeform CRPG since Gothic 2.

Wasn't really impressive, at least not more than G3 was :p
Still I want it, been playing G3 again yesterday because I was an a limited internet speed. I felt it again, the love for gothic :)
Playing this time as a mage and going Beliars way :p
All kneel for the orcs :p

As much as I loved the Gothic setting, I replayed Gothic 3 - and hell even WITH the lateste community patch it was a lagfest and crashfest. On the other hand I really would like to know how it continues.

My guess is he had high settings on a computer running Vista. That leads to a crash every 5 min. Impossible to play properly that way.

I'm still not sure what setting exactly causes the crash, but I did figure out how to make it work - lower the settings to medium, and then increase a few to high (such as details). I didn't bother trying to adjust AA etc to try and find the exact source of the problem.

What kind of hardware did you use?

In my case the most annoying things with G3 were stuttering and the amount of time it took to load a save if vsync was forced (without it the game teared badly). That was with the latest official patch. XP Pro, 2Gb RAM, C2D @3 MHz, BadAxe2, 8800GTX.

combat looks just as boring and ridiculous as in original g3.

It was pretty horrible. Anyone thinking about watching it really should stay away. This game will crash and burn.

It's being developed by an Indian company what do you expect lol. Europeans make the best PC Role Playing Games.

What kind of hardware did you use?

Win XP, dual core with 2.66 Ghz, 1GB ram, 512 MB grafic ram... enough I would think. The game was crap, and no amount of wisemen can sew shit into gold. Not outside of a fairytale.

Well 1 gb ram is not nearly enough for most modern games and certainly not the lagfest that was gothic 3. 2gb is necessery.

I agree. I clearly remember the game asking for atleast 2GB just like most modern games. Luckily you can buy 2GB of memory for like 20-30€ now after the memory cartel went down. I have 3GB (2x2GB) on my system - the max it can have.

In my case the most annoying things with G3 were stuttering and the amount of time it took to load a save if vsync was forced (without it the game teared badly). That was with the latest official patch. XP Pro, 2Gb RAM, C2D @3 MHz, BadAxe2, 8800GTX.

Thats a hair better than what I have. I guess I need to make further upgrades before playing this. Luckily Im still well stuck in Gothic2 addon. That expansion takes som real dedication to finish.

Back
Top Bottom