Neverend - Review @ Just Adventure

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Taking a completely different tone to the last Neverend review, Just Adventure liked it and their critique scored a strong A- :
The core of Neverend is the exploration, interaction with non-player characters (NPC), and the acquisition of quests that are completed for rewards of experience, items, and money. A quest log keeps track of the quest, but does not keep track of the hints given to the antagonist at the time the quest is added to the log. The game player will need to take paper notes of the hints given at the time the quest is obtained. Some quests lead to other quests, the so called chain quests, while other quests are stand alone. The quest system is quite satisfactory and was a lot of fun. The quest system could have been better designed by putting the hints with the quests in the quest log. A very nice feature of the log is that quests completed are tracked in the log along with quests in progress. This is useful if you play the game through twice or with different characters so that the player does not get confused about fished quests and quests yet to come. There are well over one hundred quests.
More information

Wow someone liked it. They should make some gameplay trailers for this thing - it might be interesting.

Graphics look pretty nice to me.

I bought the game and I don't understand Gamespot's review. I think if a game doens't have crash and bug problems these day's it should at least get 5 outta 10 points for that. It is a very old school presentation, although, and the voice acting isn't very good. Kinda cross between an adventure game and turn-based combat like in Heroes of Might and magic. Once you get thu the first hr I have to say it is addictive and that is coming from someone who hates adventure games.

I think if a game doens't have crash and bug problems these day's it should at least get 5 outta 10 points for that.

You haven't played some of the games I've reviewed below that then ... I don't believe you get a passing grade just for showing up. That said, other reviews have seen some positive stuff in the game. The US site manager for AceGamez (i.e. the dud who sends me games to review) gave it a 7/10 and saw a decent amount of positive stuff. I suppose I should link the review - here.

Does anyone know what kind of combat system this game has? From the limited descriptions I've seen, it sounds like a mixture of turn-based with a timer. Is this one of those systems where you have to do a bunch of twitchy-combo real-time clicks as a timer counts down, and the faster you click the faster you kill-em dead? Or is it entirely turn-based like ToEE?

Back
Top Bottom