Puzzle Quest: CotW - Puzzle Quest: Galactrix Announced

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamasutra has posted an announcement from publisher D3, naming Infinitive Interactive's space-themed puzzle game Galactrix as thier follow-up to last year's extremely successful puzzle/RPG:
D3Publisher of America has officially announced that it will be bringing Puzzle Quest creator Infinite Interactive's new story-based puzzle game Galactrix to the Xbox 360, PC and DS in fall of 2008, now rebranded with the Puzzle Quest name.
In addition, Gamespot has done a preview based on the latest build at the GDC:
While Galactrix was already in development at the time of Puzzle Quest's release, it does share most of the latter game's mechanical trappings, wrapped up in a new sci-fi milieu that looks like it will provide the impetus for a quest much wider in scope.
There's also a short article at Worthplaying which includes a few screens:
In Puzzle Quest: Galactrix...players will create a persistent pilot who gains skills, crafts items, maneuvers among the universe’s political factions, and upgrades the ultimate space fleet as they attempt to end the genocide. An innovative hexagonal puzzle board allows for a wide range of strategic depth as it heeds to gravity according to a player’s location in the game universe...

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix is scheduled for release in Fall 2008.
More information.

Sounds like a cool follow-up. They are putting some genuine changes in there and not just sitting on their laurels.

As I read about Galactrix, it sounded fairly similar to Puzzle Quest, so I'm not much surprised.

from what Ive seen so far, this one's going to play pretty differently from PQ.

Althout initially not too thrilled, Puzzle Quest has changed my mind regarding puzzle games, maybe this one will get me liking sci fi puzzle games!

Back
Top Bottom