Having your cake and eating it too

hishadow

Level N+1
Benjamin Franklin: "I believe that if we are to form a new country, we cannot be a country that appears war-hungry and violent to the rest of the world. However, we also cannot be a country that appears weak and unwilling to fight, to the rest of the world. So, what if we form a country that appears to want both."
Thomas Jefferson: "Yes, yes of course, we go to war and protest going to war at the same time...."
Benjamin Franklin: "And that means that as a nation, we could go to war with whomever we wished, but at the same time act like we didn't want to. If we allow the people to protest what the government does, then the country will be forever blameless."
John Adams: "It's like having your cake and eating it too."
Anonymous Hick Redneck Founding Father: "Think of it: an entire nation founded on saying one thing and doing another."
John Hancock: "And we will call that country the United States of America."

Just curious... where are you from?

A quick search shows me he has successfully quoted South Park without attribution ... so I'm guessing 'where he's from' is middle school ... ;)

That's just it, It wasn't a point at all. :D
Oh, lighten up. I'm just teasing. I thought it was a good satire on the whole Iraq business. Not that the Trey Parker and Matt Stone have any social conscious because they'll exploit anything. :)

There's also this silly little thing called fair use, and quoting a few lines of dialog falls within it. Having to provide a reference every time I quote would make me a sad panda.

There's also this silly little thing called fair use, and quoting a few lines of dialog falls within it. Having to provide a reference every time I quote would make me a sad panda.

Still, starting a thread with something like that, and trying to pass it off as original, is just lame...

And that point was? 4m3rica suxxorz?

I thought he was celebrating his love of cake?

The cake is a lie, there is no cake.

I agree - but the manner in which you utilize quotes is far different than co-opting something as your own.

Lol, you're missing/misdirecting the point of the thread.

Then try postulating an idea worth debating. Otherwise the 'point' is you aren't insightful enough to form an original idea, nor courageous enough to credit someone else's.

Then try postulating an idea worth debating. Otherwise the 'point' is you aren't insightful enough to form an original idea, nor courageous enough to credit someone else's.
The point is that comedians are now the main source of goverment critique and pointing out obvious bullshit like the Iraq and I think many americans are ashamed to admit they bought the bullshit. Just look at the first replies in this thread. Personal attacks right away with accusations of stealing quotes. I left it out deliberately because it came from South Park. It illustrates the two-faced/party aspect of american politics elegantly. There is no accountability for the presidency and past sins are just that .. past sins.

The point is that comedians are now the main source of goverment critique and pointing out obvious bullshit like the Iraq and I think many americans are ashamed to admit they bought the bullshit. Just look at the first replies in this thread. Personal attacks right away with accusations of stealing quotes. I left it out deliberately because it came from South Park.

Please....cry me a river. If you can't handle a few people poking fun at you, then try giving credit where credit is due.

Please....cry me a river. If you can't handle a few people poking fun at you, then try giving credit where credit is due.
I'm kinda in the same situation as when Bill Clinton got a blowjob and tried to divert attention by bombing some shit, only I didn't get a blowjob! :)

I'm kinda in the same situation as when Bill Clinton got a blowjob and tried to divert attention by bombing some shit, only I didn't get a blowjob! :)

Not really - I honestly think you tried to come off as insightful with someone else's words and ideas and have been redirecting blame onto everyone else and making excuses ever since.

Back
Top Bottom