Frontiers - Explore, Discover & Survive

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Today we have another kickstarter to showcase and we can all thanks Joxer for bringing it to my attention. FRONTIERS is a one man ambitious project that is described as a massive relaxing open world that emulates classic first person RPGs.
Alpha Gameplay

Video Update 1 - Structures FAQ

Greetings!

Hello, I'm Lars Simkins. I'm a VFX artist by trade and an indie game developer by passion. I'm here to make that first person exploration/survival game we've all been dreaming about.
84849acbc3549bfdb8c3589eb32c386e_large.png

I can still remember the first time I played Daggerfall. Yes, it was uglier than a monkey's armpit and controlled worse than a bumper car on a frozen lake.
But it also created the feeling of a world that lived on even after I'd stopped playing, and that feeling still sticks with me all these years later. A world where you could spend hours searching every pixelated nook and cranny. A world of potential. A world of EXPLORATION…
…and then a Dragonling would chomp my face because I hadn't spent ten hours grinding in the easy regions. Arg! So frustrating!
Other games have touched on that elusive feeling, especially Elder Scrolls and early Fallout games, but as fun as they are and as much as I love hardcore RPG mechanics, I've always dreamt of a game that emphasized exploration above all else.

More information.

Last edited:
drops Daggerfall reference: +1 cred

Yep. I was actually disappointed about Skyrim (though it was a great game) because I hoped for something more like Daggerfall which they indicated before my saying randomly generated quests. These were horribly implemented however and nothing like in Daggerfall at all.

So I am looking forward to Frontiers and hope they get tons of money to also implement additional features.

BTW: If you are looking for something else similar to Elder Scrolls I'd recommend the total conversion mod Nehrim for Oblivion. Absolutely professional made, with professional voice actors in top quality (judging from the German version). Also with a deeper story, better atmosphere, better character system, improved graphics and more incentive to explore compared to Oblivion. All you need is Oblivion, the mod itself is totally free.
http://www.nehrim.de/

Did i read that right? It is only one guy making this? It seems pretty ambitious for one guy. Looks good though.

from the gameplay video it is quite rough. dont think i'm gambling on this one.

Check your links - you have the exact same video embedded twice.
No it's not comments break the newsbit always have since the server move and update.By that I mean text layout and videos.

This is not new. Main post on the frontage is fine the reply post is fixed now,

Last edited:
Yep. I was actually disappointed about Skyrim (though it was a great game) because I hoped for something more like Daggerfall which they indicated before my saying randomly generated quests. These were horribly implemented however and nothing like in Daggerfall at all.

So I am looking forward to Frontiers and hope they get tons of money to also implement additional features.

BTW: If you are looking for something else similar to Elder Scrolls I'd recommend the total conversion mod Nehrim for Oblivion. Absolutely professional made, with professional voice actors in top quality (judging from the German version). Also with a deeper story, better atmosphere, better character system, improved graphics and more incentive to explore compared to Oblivion. All you need is Oblivion, the mod itself is totally free.
http://www.nehrim.de/

Anyone that hasnt played Nehrim are missing out bigtime. I personally didnt like Oblivion that much but Nehrim is like Oblivion should and could have been. These guys (Sure AI) are currently busy with a total conversion of Skyrim, but that is probably more than a year or two off. Do yourself a favour if you own Oblivion and get Nehrim, its for free.

Anyone that hasnt played Nehrim are missing out bigtime. I personally didnt like Oblivion that much but Nehrim is like Oblivion should and could have been. These guys (Sure AI) are currently busy with a total conversion of Skyrim, but that is probably more than a year or two off. Do yourself a favour if you own Oblivion and get Nehrim, its for free.

Hmm that reminds me - I stopped playing Nehrim because my old rig was unable to run the outdoors without severe framerate issues (or turning the graphics down to a really ugly level). My new comp should be able to run it without problems. I loved the starting dungeon and there was much positive discussion here when it came out. I should really get it installed again.

Back
Top Bottom