Drakensang - The Dark Eye

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Drakensang brings back epic party-based RPG gameplay in a breathtakingly detailed world, based on one of the world’s biggest pen & paper franchises. With incredible eye for detail, the world of Aventuria comes alive on the PC in state-of-the-art 3D graphics that bring to life the epic vistas and stunning variety of this one-of-a-kind fantasy world.
More information.

I have the same Dragon Age question here... does Drakensang allow for you to zoom out with the camera angle so that it emulates a more BG2 style, party-based isometric view ? (I mean, much higher up - bird's eye) than what is allowed by the 3rd person MorrowindOblivion view).

You can zoom it inb and out - but only to some degree.

You can't have an isometric view with it.

It's rather like in NWN1, I'd say.

We have a little translation-project going on here:

http://drakensangtranslation.freeforums.org/index.php

So if you have some sparetime and have some German language skills, don't hesitate to join us.

I don't know if we can make it before the official translation though, it's a lot of text, also depends on how many people are going to join us.

You can zoom out from your characters, not that far though.
And the camera is always fixed on one character, so you can't scroll arround.
They're thinking about adding a scrollable camera for the addon, though, which would make it mor BG-esque.

Bateman, I don't have the game but where would you place these files to get it to run? It appears to be a few csv (open with Excel) files.

the important file is the locale.db4. If you replace it in the game-directory it will change the text in English language. Yet most of the text, especially dialogues are auto-translated by software. Haven't tested it by myself. The other files, as csv are helpful if you want translate some lines and thus improve the whole translation.

And of course all the graphical parts and the voices are still, you guess it, in German language.

I fear that this might be a way for crackers to play this game before it comes officially out in English language.

There is a thread in the English-language sub-forum of Drakensang, where the people used translation programs for everything.

On the one hand I was quite impressed on how much efford they put into this translation process,
but on the other hand I seriously fear that auto-translated text might not meet the "image" of this game's world well.

If this game didn't have any copy protection yet, I'm sure this machine-translated version of it would flood the internet within a few days.

Anyone playing this game? I am and I'm having a blast. The leveling system is really different. Tried to get some help over at the publishers web site, but far too many comments are treating the game like a Pen and Paper. Way too much talk about dice rolls.

I've been looking at this game but I am curious as to the game play. Is it mostly just hack & slash like Diablo II (someting I really don't like) or is there an actual story line with side quests?

I've also read that the interface is clunky. True?

I've been looking at this game but I am curious as to the game play. Is it mostly just hack & slash like Diablo II (someting I really don't like) or is there an actual story line with side quests?

The latter is true. Its a cRPG based on The Dark Eye, which is an RPG system like D&D.

I've also read that the interface is clunky. True?

Of course judging something like this is subjective, my answer is: Not true.

As mentioned by somebody earlier there is a dedicated subforum for Drakensang and also some Reviews.

here is my crash message when i try to getinto the vault of GRIMTHOOTH Castle:
Nebula Assertion
Expression: !this->entries.Contains(id)
file:..\properties\environmentcollideproperty.cc
Line:72

reloaded the game twice
nothing

tried without sound same message

any help out there please

michaelmichael
otherwise it is a great game to this point.

You should post this in the official forum. I don't see how we can help you solving such a problem.

here is my crash message when i try to getinto the vault of GRIMTHOOTH Castle:
Nebula Assertion
Expression: !this->entries.Contains(id)
file:..\properties\environmentcollideproperty.cc
Line:72

Something similar happened to me in one place, don't remember where (it was an underground place with slimes or something). It would crash in a particular area no matter what I did (I think it was during saving the game). So what I did was, I moved away to another part of the map and saved there, no problems.

Back
Top Bottom