Elder Scrolls Online - Imperial Edition Announced

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bethesda sent out a new press release about the Imperial Edition of Elder Scrolls Online, and their new online store. Here are the details.
Pre-Order and Pre-Purchase Bonuses Are Detailed for Latest Game in Award-Winning Franchise

January 29, 2014 (London, UK) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today announced that it will release The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition - a premium collector’s edition for the highly-anticipated The Elder Scrolls Online. The Elder Scrolls Online Imperial Edition will be made available in digital and limited physical formats. Both standard and collector’s editions are now available for pre-order through participating retailers and pre-purchase from the newly launched online store (store.elderscrollsonline.com).

In addition to the highly-anticipated game, The Elder Scrolls Online Physical Imperial Edition includes:

- Molag Bal Statue. A 30.5 cm statue featuring Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement.
- The Improved Emperor’s Guide to Tamriel. A 224-page illustrated guide annotated by the Imperial scholar, Flaccus Terentius.
- Physical Map of Tamriel. A 53.3 cm x 66 cm printed map detailing Alliance-controlled zones and the ultimate conquest: Cyrodiil.
- Steelbook™ Packaging. A limited edition steel case decorated in the color of the Imperials.

Exclusive Collection of Digital Content.

- Play as an Imperial: Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more.
- White Imperial Horse: Summon this Imperial mount and journey through Tamriel with speed.
- Mudcrab Vanity Pet: Explore Tamriel with a mudcrab pet
- Rings of Mara: Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when you play together.

The Physical Imperial Edition is extremely limited in quantity and available for pre-order through participating retailers for $99.99/€99.99/£89.99/AU$139.95.

The Elder Scrolls Online Digital Imperial Edition includes the base game and all digital content outlined for the Physical Imperial Edition above and retails for $79.99/€79.99/£69.99/AU$119.95.

All those who pre-order or pre-purchase either the Imperial Edition or the Standard Edition in physical or digital formats will also receive The Explorer’s Pack bonus at launch, which includes: Scuttler vanity pet, four bonus treasure maps, and the ability to play as any of the nine races in any Alliance.

Early Access bonuses will also be offered to those pre-ordering or pre-purchasing a PC/Mac version. A five (5) day early access bonus will be offered to those who pre-purchase the Digital Imperial Edition or the Digital Standard Edition through The Elder Scrolls Online Store. Additional early access programs are also available through participating retailers.
More information.

Well allow me to say that is way to expensive. I'm not liking the DLC offered to players who buy them either. I expect they will be sold for a few dollars after release.^^

I just hope it's easy enough to differentiate friend vs. foe in PvP. One thing I noticed when I played in beta was that it was sometimes difficult to tell who was who when lots of players are hacking and slashing away.

Not that I'll even play much PvP, anyway. I'm all about the PvE.

I thought 99 for the physical edition is reasonable, I paid 129 or 149 ( cant remember which) for the witcher 2 collectors edition.

A statue of the prince of dominance and enslavement
Oh, well that will be going right in the bedroom.

I just hope it's easy enough to differentiate friend vs. foe in PvP. One thing I noticed when I played in beta was that it was sometimes difficult to tell who was who when lots of players are hacking and slashing away.

Not that I'll even play much PvP, anyway. I'm all about the PvE.

I was thinking the same thing. It will be a bit confusing even in PVE seeing a non-usual race in an alliance that you would not expect.

I wish pre-order had earlier access. Not because I am a level fiend ( I never hit max level) but I just cannot wait to play!

I was thinking the same thing. It will be a bit confusing even in PVE seeing a non-usual race in an alliance that you would not expect.

I wish pre-order had earlier access. Not because I am a level fiend ( I never hit max level) but I just cannot wait to play!

Pre-orders have 5 days headstart.

As for the PVP thing, there are flags for enemies factions (above character's head). It's too frenetic for you to have the time to id the enemies by their races anyhow.

I really don't like the "play as any race for any faction" thing. The other bonuses are fine, and I'll probably grab a digital deluxe edition myself.

Actually, the Imperial race is pay gated content - which they promised they wouldn't do.

That's another cause for concern.

Rings of Mara: Complete the Ritual of Mara with a friend and receive an experience bonus when you play together.
Is Bethesda pushing for that LGBA (or stuff) agenda? I wonder how many players are going to marry a player of the opposite sex in game and how of those marriages will reflect any real gender.

Well allow me to say that is way to expensive. I'm not liking the DLC offered to players who buy them either. I expect they will be sold for a few dollars after release.^^

Prices are:

$100/$135/$148/$123

$80/$108/$115/$105

Just to put things in perspective.

Is Bethesda pushing for that LGBA (or stuff) agenda? I wonder how many players are going to marry a player of the opposite sex in game and how of those marriages will reflect any real gender.

They didn't call it a marriage on the pre-order bonus (but it's totally what it is).

Back
Top Bottom