Wasteland 2 - Post-Funding Update #39

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In the latest kickstarter update for Wasteland 2 we get news on the beta, and told time is running out for any add-ons to your pledge.

On Track for Beta, Last Chance for Add-Ons

We’ve been hard at work on the backer beta, working through some last blocker bugs to get it ready for you, and kept you updated on @wasteland2beta and the Wasteland 2 tumblr. To catch you up: it’s almost ready: We’re fully on track to put it in your hands next week!

As we’ve said before, the initial beta rollout is the first four major areas, the associated COPS maps (smaller maps), the world map and its random encounters, and character creation. As the beta progresses, we’ll roll out more areas, though we do plan to hold LA back for spoiler reasons. We’ll have more details on the beta such as remaining known issues next week, when we launch.

We did want to let you all know that when the beta launches we will be pulling the add-on options from the Wasteland 2 store. If you want to add any of those to your existing pledge – or if you want to be able to jump in on the beta at its launch – this week will be your last chance to do so!

With all late backer donations, we manually import pledge data roughly every 2-3 weeks, but we will ensure the database is up to date when the beta launches. The digital-only pre-order options will remain available though we may pull them too in the not too distant future, somewhere in time and space. Existing backers will still be able to upgrade, so as a backer you’ll still be able to move into a higher tier and get access to the beta later, it just won’t be available as an add-on.

We’re also progressing in other procedural matters as we get closer to beta. We’ve been testing both Steam distribution and the use of our CenterCode bug reporting site with a limited group of external testers, and both are looking good. CenterCode in particular will be instrumental to a successful backer beta run, it allows for bug reports to go directly into our system, so we can quickly and efficiently handle duplicates and assign bugs to the responsible developer. For our backers, it offers an easy-to-use, simple website that gives you direct access to providing us with not just bug reports, but also general feedback and suggestions. Depending on how things go we may launch the CenterCode site before the beta is out, to give you time to register, provide your PC info and get familiar with the site.
More information.

I'm looking forward to this game but I can't see spending $20 on top of a $25 minimum purchase just to get beta access when the many of indie style games cost (often considerably) less these days with early access included.

I have high hopes but there has been very little footage of this game, not that much communication (about the game itself), etc, compared to so many games. This one has been done more like SRR, which ended up being mediocre IMO, so I guess it's wait, see, and hope for the best.

My hopes for Shadowrun Returns where that it would be good game, and it left me satisfied.

My hopes for this game is that it will be the greatest game I've played since BG2. Those shoes might be a little bit harder to fill...

I have high hopes but there has been very little footage of this game, not that much communication (about the game itself), etc, compared to so many games. This one has been done more like SRR, which ended up being mediocre IMO, so I guess it's wait, see, and hope for the best.
Well the game has a few videos showing off more gameplay each time. So I can't agree with you. They have shown more than some of the other kickstarter projects.

Anyway we should be looking at Project Eternity they haven't shown anything except screenshots, and a waterfall video.:anxious:

Back
Top Bottom