Dragon Age - New trailer @ Gametrailers

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Aries100 pointed us in the direction of a trailer of Dragon Age that can be found on Gametrailers featuring a Grey Warden with an urge to kill.

More information.

Funny how they don´t show any gameplay footage in these new trailers.
Best thing was the EA logo.
I hope they use the MM song as a main menu theme.

Yes, it certainly was manly --- as well as very - ehm- elite military like...
Especially the whole 'in peace vigilance, in war victiory'... seems like more of a FPS game with swords to me, the way it is presented, not a rpg game...

I, personally, have no interest in playing an elite soldier (again!) that rallys soldiers to the upcoming battle against the Blight. Why should the people in other towns trust you, the new rookie on the Grey Warden block?

The smokey eyes, the flaming sword and the EA logo all looked pretty cool. Sword through the head -- check. Sword throught the torso -- check. Sonorous voiceover, reciting manly-man values -- check. Pan the horde and cue the kick-ass soundtrack.

OK, it was an effective video.

Still not happy about the music choices, but I liked this video a lot better than the others. Also, although I wasn't a fan of the logo redux, I like how they've blended the bloody red dragon motif into the EA and Bioware logos. Pretty slick. The bit showing the Grey Warden putting on his helmet to face the horde reminded me so much of that paladin graphic from the original D&D manuals. You know, the one where he/she is in the depths of hell wading joyously through a veritable cornucopia of demonic denizens.... Nice.

The more trailers of this certain style appear, the less my interest becomes.

I assume that this is intended.

To degenerate the interest of players like me.

The majority will like it, however.

I like it,guess I like everything after FG.
Again reminded me of LotR when the king went to the town of dead.

marilyn manson or his music does not appeal to me at all. I am looking forward to this game though, despite the poor music choice for their trailers. Its not that I am opposed to the heavy metal type of music, I just can't stand manson.

Marilyn is awesome but using his music for a medieval generic heroic dark fantasy kinda sucks. He's too good for this crap.

Again reminded me of LotR when the king went to the town of dead.

Movie or book ?

Because the book's description is far more mystical than Mr. Jackson's horror-themed point of view.

Too sad he wasn't able to put this mysticism into pictures.

Best thing was the EA logo.

My thoughts exactly.

The rest? Meh, if they must go for the pubescent male target audience, at least they could have included a good looking woman somewhere.

Technically excellent. But the content? Aaargh!

A matter of taste, but his music doesn't fit a dark game which is trying to be believable.

I think the game is trying to be dark, serious...the heavy orchestral moody sound while good and at times fantastic (D3 and/or Gladiator Soundtrack etc.) it's been done over and over.

Koodos to Bioware to strike out and try a different tone/flavor!

The more of this game I see or read about the more I'm excited ;)

And is it just my ears or is the voice over done by Terence Stamp?

@Gorath -- what is it about the content in Marilyn Manson's songs that makes you go aargh?

This is a genuine question; I don't know Marilyn Manson at all, and haven't followed the controversies about him. I've listened to a few of his songs and read the lyrics to a few more, and I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about. AFAICT he's sort of like Alice Cooper meets Suicidal Tendencies -- nothing that hasn't been done several times over for the past thirty years. Not exactly my cuppa, but nothing terribly shocking there either. So what is the fuss about?

Back
Top Bottom