Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Preview, Release Date Coming

Dhruin

SasqWatch
There's a Deus Ex: Human Revolution preview at IGN titled Consequences, discussing the outcomes from an in-game scenario:
The receptionist at Sarif HQ gives you several options. You can head over to see Francis Pritchard, a scientist who will fix that nasty flickering HUD in your retinal display, you can go to the boss' office and have a conversation, you can head directly to the chopper so that pilot Malik can take you to the manufacturing plant, or you can loiter around the headquarters and explore every corner. How you choose to spend your time in this section will have direct consequences in the next level, and likely the rest of the game.
...and Project Lead Jean-François Dugas has Tweeted that the release date will be revealed this week:
Of course ! The release date will be announced next week! What about that! ;)
More information.

Well now hopefully sometime soon and not next year due to Square Enix's poor earnings.

Anything square touches lately I get nervous about, I think mostly because I think because of their poor earnings they will push anything out.

Anything square touches lately I get nervous about, I think mostly because I think because of their poor earnings they will push anything out.

True, but just remember that they are only the publisher, and if I remember correctly, the developers have been working on the game for quite some time. Hopefully that means that it will be ready when it's finally shipped.

Just to let you know Square Enix already delayed this game to give it more time. After the problems they had with Final Fantasy XIV Square Enix decided to change things and let the games have a proper development time instead of rushing them out which is the reason why Deus Ex: Human Revolution was delayed to give it more time for polishing.

PS. When Square Enix delayed this game they said it was delayed to fiscal year 2011 which is anywhere between April 2011 to April 2012.

I'm pretty sure it was all set to go in the April-May timeframe, they even announced the pre-order deals and collector's edition. Amazon put up a March date at some point, acting like they had info. Then it was delayed for polishing, which is a good thing.

Still I can't imagine it will come out later than Summer time. Maybe June or July?

Indeed, August 26th also at DE3 official forums.

Back
Top Bottom