RPGCodex is no more?

K

kasp

From http://www.rpgcodex.net/

Dear RPG Codex users,

We have recently had to give serious thought as to whether we could really keep RPGCodex.net going the way it was. We've debated on it for quite some time and, unfortunately, we've decided that the RPG Codex simply could not remain in its popamole state.

We're very grateful for all support we've received from all of you over the past eight years. We've come a long way since being founded in 2002. Working on RPGCodex.net was a great adventure for all of us and an unforgettable journey to the past, through the long and wonderful history of PC RPG's.

In the end, we simply didn't have enough internets to keep going the way we were. We needed over 13,811 moar internets and they weren't coming in fast enough.

You may give internets in memory of the Codex.

This doesn't mean the idea behind RPGCodex.net is gone forever because truthfully, ideas never die. An idea is something you know and when you don't even know what it is you don't know, you can't really lose the things i don't even what is this; as Cleve would say. So we're closing down these forums and website and putting this era behind us as new challenges await.

On a technical note, this week we'll put in place a solution to allow everyone to re-visit their old forum posts. Stay tuned to this page and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates - or sexually harass the people at RPGWatch.

All the best,
GOG.com The bros from rpgcodex.net (not .com, that's a different set of bros)

What? Is this some sort of a sick Christmas joke or is The Cesspool of Internet really gone?

Has SOPA already won and claimed it's first victim?

Oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man oh god

Quick! Someone pinch me! Am I in heaven?

That's a bit of a shock. I've been lurking there for years, as much raging at the seemingly bottomless pit of stupidity as enjoying the odd profound insight about RPG mechanics and lore. I guess it's better to end it before it really turns to shit, but I feel like I lost a good friend.

Bros, ex-codexers, countrymen, I salute you. Majestically.

Well, I for one hope they stick around. Not because I think the site worth a damn, but because it serves as a nice sink for pubescent drivel.

Yes, one can only shudder at the thought of hundreds of homeless codexers busting through the fences of the codex refugee thread here and migrating freely to new forums to nest and proliferate.

If this turns out to be true I'll eat my virtual hat and then send many internets their way.

Say what you want about the codex, but I love the chaos of the site. I certainly wouldn't want to see it go away due to lack of internets.

Come on people, send them some internets. They need the internets for the trannies.

Noooooooooo!

But on a serious note, Codex will return soon INSHALLAH, in a new and more superior form.

Well, I for one hope they stick around. Not because I think the site worth a damn, but because it serves as a nice sink for pubescent drivel.

I, for one, think you sound like a massive faggot-goon and hope you sink into a nice pit of tar along with your chronic case of condescension.

rpgwatch.com
Daily Page views / 7808
Daily Revenue / $ 23
Website Worth / $ 17,100
Alexa Rank / 140868
Website Grade / 79 out of 100

rpgcodex.net
Daily Page views / 19163
Daily Revenue / $ 57
Website Worth / $ 41,967
Alexa Rank / 57400
Website Grade / 53 out of 100

They are richer, have more views and income. A slight quality problem, but that's all.
I spend my money for the underdog rpgwatch.com.

Source:
http://www.teqpad.com/www/rpgcodex.net
http://www.teqpad.com/www/rpgwatch.com

I don't want to precipitate an us-vs-them-statistics argument but those figures are worthless. Our page-views are in the multi-millions per month, which certainly averages more than ~8000 / day (unless they mean uniques, then they should say so). I guess the scale could be relative but I wouldn't know without better data.

The Alexa score is worthless because it includes measurements like bounces that we don't care about - we could deliberately design the front page to encourage more page-views (like, say, GameBanshee) but we deliberately want an easy to read site.

Anyway, carry on!

[For those fools who are genuinely concerned, this is undoubtedly a joke message]

I just woke up and found the Codex gone. What a fucked up start for a day.

Oh.. and.. hello, foster home forum guys! :party:

Also… look at the quote:
"We've debated on it for quite some time and, unfortunately, we've decided that the RPG Codex simply could not remain in its popamole state. "

"In the end, we simply didn't have enough internets to keep going the way we were."

My guess is they are (finally!) updating the site to some serious web standards.

Quick get the fire and pitchforks. We must hold the line from the Codexer's:slap:

Oi, I like your "submit your own profile picture" option.. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom