legena_logo.png

Legena_UT_Screenshot_028.png
Legena_UT_Screenshot_034.png
Legena_UT_Screenshot_033.png

Click here to see the screenshot gallery

Green_Sector_Break.png

Description

Legena: noun: A legend that spans an era: the legend of the Narrator

Have you seen the red sky? And the green lightning? Rumour has it whenever the sky turns red and the land is struck by green, the Narrator appears. A time traveller I hear. You best be a good boy. You best be a good girl. Otherwise the legend will come true. The Narrator will get you.

Legena : Union Tides is a single-player turn-based role playing game for Windows, Android and Ouya. Take the role of Tetiro Aceus and Atesan Turwin to explore the open seas, stop the pirate lords and discover the dark side of the Legena universe. And how their roles turn the gears of a legena that spans countless eras.

Legena features a traditional JRPG combat system with a dynamic turn system, a variety of characters, monsters and dungeons, along with new features such as the weather which effects the battles, feathers that allow the heroes to equip a variety of skills as well as a morale feature that rewards player choice. And a difficulty grid to allow anyone from beginners to pros to play the game. Choose your challenge and power on through!

Red_Sector_Break.png

History

Legena is being developed by a group of three. There is Greg who does our sound effects, SkittleGirl who has provided our entire 16-Bit soundtrack and me, the programmer artist and designer.

Legena started out as a 8-Bit inspired prototype which I developed during university for Android. A few years later I decided to return to the series knowing I could have done much better. And thus the Legena series was reborn as a trilogy. Whilst the prototype was developed in Game Maker 8.0/8.1, I have decided to use Game Maker Studio as it will allow me to port the series to the GameStick, Android, Ouya and many other platforms!

Right now, we are looking for feedback on everything up to the first dungeon. With previous RPG experience, I prefer to get the gameplay feedback before we get very deep into the game's progress. It also will allow us to know if this project will be worth our time. Which I hope it will because I plan to take bolder steps in terms of stories.

Being an indie team, we can take risks. And one of them is being able to tackle real life scenarios. In the prototype, Atesan Turwin's background was about being a gay man in a land where it is illegal to be gay. Whilst returning to this story to do it justice, I plan to bring up many more stories. Including one very personal to me, living with a learning disability. I never had an easy education. And I hope to portray this with one of the many characters you will meet.

Green_Sector_Break.png

Characters

Over the course of the game, you will control a variety of characters. Each with a story. And each with a past.

Tetiro Aceus : The king of Orenna. Living a sheltered life with his father, it took leaving his county to see the world in a new way and to bring Orenna into a new golden era. He is now travelling to Dynol and Vesira to seek peace in the name of Orenna. However he is obsessed with the Narrator. Meeting him during his rise to power, he pursues the Narrator frantically to take him down. Though in turn, is becoming a lot like his father.

Atesan Turwin : The king's advisor. During the reign of King Uritan, Atesan led a rough life being hunted like an animal. He was an outcast. Suffering years of torture, punishment and humiliation, Atesan became mentally scarred. He rarely trusts people and originally despised Tetiro Aceus. Over the last few years, the scars Atesan gained have started to heal. With the mental scars gone, he now wears the physical scars with pride.

Nathaar Curi : One of the Pirate Lords. Being stranded at Marin Port, Nathaar and his best mate Martic planned to steal a ship and sail to Dynol. Cocky, arrogant and ruthless, he doesn't seem the type to take pity on people. Especially those who are far weaker than him. There may be more to him than meets the eye. Very few pirates in Dynol have a sense of kindness in them.

Martic Razmi : Nathaar's best mate. Being his second in command, Nathaar trusts Martic and seeks his guidance in their plunders and crimes. With his quick wit and his channel cannons, there is no situation that Martic can't get out of. He keeps his cool and powers through. Though with his wit and calm personality comes a gleam in his eye. He has a plan to make him and Nathaar the greatest pirates of them all.

Malina Petafin : An old friend of Tetiro Aceus and Atesan Turwin. After helping them on their adventure to overthrow King Uritan, Malina has now set out to Dynol to find new adventures with guarantees from a source that there is a crime lord worthy of a huge bounty. And with her obsession for being a heroine, she set out to the land of Dynol to make a heroine of herself. But she finds more than she can take.

Lenaki : Not much is known about Lenaki. In fact, she doesn't know much about herself. Waking up at the Red Shore, she has a lot work out. Why is she different? Why is she a toy reptile? Perhaps she will be enlightened by these answers. Or perhaps ignorance is bliss.

Red_Sector_Break.png

Downloads

Below is the first demo of the game. You have access to everything up until the first boss. The demo is still in progress as a good number of the sound effects aren't implemented yet. And please note it is intended to be a 15+ game. So please respect the age rating.

Demo as of 12/01/2014

Please show your support and provide feedback!

Happy Gaming!

Green_Sector_Break.png

Last edited:
Hey guys,

It's been over a week and a new version has been added! So what has been going on? I've had reviewers go over the demo, finding any faults and fixing the faults. Strangely most of it wasn't to do with gameplay itself. In fact, the only gameplay crits I had was from a hater of JRPGs. Now there were too many adjustments to list so I'm going to list the top 5

• Fullscreen capabilities
  • Mass Graphics Upgrade
  • Story Adjustments
  • Alerts when your characters are low on health or KO'd
  • Adjustments so another secret character can be implemented (Won't be viewable)

I should also note that as of this version, the save files from the previous version can't be used. This is because of the extra character that can be implemented. It modifies the save file drastically so PLEASE START YOUR SAVES AGAIN.

Hope you all enjoy the improvements I have made!

Hey guys!

I have been very hard at work on updating the demo. So much has been added/modified that to list it all would require a blog entry of some sort :p

So what's been going on? Well...
-I've been fine tuning the demo to ensure it reaches a high quality!
-I've been running processor testing for various Android devices including the OUYA
-I have been pursuing porting the game to the GameStick as well.
-I have pretty much confirmed porting to the Ouya and GameStick with only a few things left to do
-Sprited every single tile in the game
-And all of the enemies as well!
-Preparing for the KickStarter campaign
-Preparing the Business. UK business stuff is pretty difficult in some places.
-Bug fixing and tweaking
-Working on the Website
-Public art as well!
-A trailer (coming soon...)
-The list goes on and on!

The new demo will most likely be the last before the KickStarter campaign. I want to knuckle down and finish up the demo, finish the website. There is a list of things I need to do. Will I make it? Let's hope so!

Back
Top Bottom