American taxdollars directly funding human trafficing

Your title is false. You might consider actually reading the links you post before going for shock value. It's a fairly extensive chain between the tax dollars and the corruption and the sources of the corruption are not American. Attempting to jump to "directly funding" is both false and misleading.

Full points for blindly spreading shock slop, though.

If you actually understood the article you would see the title quite correct.
I will try to keep it simple:
The Us government reimburses prime contractors for all of their costs and then pay them a percentage of that total as a fixed profit.
This also removes any incentive for directly hiring workers.

I think you might want to look up the definition of "directly", champ, since you just confirmed exactly what I said. And we won't even get started on how you're blaming America for foreign corruption.

Well of course they are legally insulated otherwise this would not have been going on for over a decade but that does not change the fact that none of this would be possible without taxpayer money.
This has been reported on since 06 and to date there has not been a single indictment or arrest. Plausible deniability however improbable and all that.

So then, you're admitting that your title is both false and misleading. Many thanks.

Now, as for the causes, allow me to quote from your source, since you apparently still haven't bothered to actually read it. I put in some emphasis just to help you out.
Fault Lines discovered these laborers regularly end up deceived and indebted, victims of local recruiters who charge thousands of dollars and offer false promises of high-paying jobs.
But those companies, in turn, then turn around and subcontract typically 75 percent of the labor on those bases to subcontractors, which are mostly based in the Persian Gulf and the United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Stow the propaganda, dude. Is there an issue? Sure. Is is direct, and is it Americans doing the corruption? Not according to your source.

Are you really that lacking in basic comprehension?
Honestly i do not have the patience to explain this article to you but your "point" as derived from a few quotes taken out of context seems to be that because this happens overseas and via intermediaries the government is somehow not responsible for its own allocation of funds nor its workforce.
That about sums it up?
Actually, nevermind. I honestly dont have the patience.

Ill just post another random quote taken out of context from "my source" as that seems to be the only way you are capable of understanding any of this article.

SAM McCAHON: So the economic advantage is to incur as many costs as you can legitimately do so. The prime contractors make millions of dollars in additional profits by subcontracting it out.

ANJALI KAMAT: So the U.S. government is subsidizing human trafficking?

SAM McCAHON: No, we’re paying for it directly. This is the only form of human trafficking where the taxpayer directly pays the human trafficker.

That quote shows your logic quite nicely, I think. The first line states that it goes thru intermediaries and then the thrid line from the same guy states that it's direct. Nuff sed. Nice propaganda, tho.

Edit- and as a special bonus, I'll answer your question. The situation is that foreigners are taking advantage of other foreigners. I see no reason why America has to take responsibility for the evils perpetrated by non-Americans, but you're certainly not the first one to make use of misdirected guilt trips.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom