Sony is Suing Kevin Butler

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Following a bizarre turn of events and a highly unlikely TV commercial, actor Jerry Lambert - for years the "face" of the PlayStation brand - is being sued, along with Bridgestone, by none other than Sony itself.

At first I thought it was about the code tweet he gave out to hack the console. Butler instead is being sued for endorsing another product.

Read the link as it has more info and links to find out more.

Link-http://kotaku.com/5949607/sony-is-suing-kevin-butler

Never heard of Kevin Butler or Jerry Lambert, and I certainly wouldn't associate his likeness with the Playstation brand. However, perhaps he signed a contract agreeing not to promote any other consoles for X number of years.

However, perhaps he signed a contract agreeing not to promote any other consoles for X number of years.
Non-competes are fairly standard clauses in sales/marketing. Usually it's for 1 year, although I've heard of some as long as 5 years. They're tremendously difficult to enforce since there's a lot of legal precedent that a company can't prevent a person from earning a living so it comes down to a legal mud-fest over how direct the competition actually is, with all emotional baggage of a "massive corporation expending millions to squash a single poor soul". Usually, it's more of a scare tactic than anything, and often aimed at the new employer more than the employee.

Back
Top Bottom