Inquisitor - English Version Update

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's a rarity - an Inquisitor update. Cinemax' website still promises a Q1 release date for the English version but this arrived in my inbox not long ago:
Hi to everyone interested in the English version of Inquisitor.

Finally! The ingame text is translated. We are currently working on its implementation.
We'll let you know more in time.

Thank you for your support.
More information.

Sorry for not being able to google effectively - what is this game? All I managed to google were same ugly diablo 2 - like screenshots.

@Dhruin,

From where is the information sourced? - as yet there is no info on the official cinemax website , the site regularly updates its newsbits. There are no discussion posts (other than the youtube trailer) on the inquisitor forums.
http://games.cinemax.cz/

There has been for six months or so, an "Inqisitor repack" which is a Russian/English version (1.5 gb) of Inqisitor to download from the 'rapidshare' site and some others via torrents - can't say any more on that subject!

I would like to know what is 'officially' going on, i am very interested in this game and have been following it for some time. Has the 'repack' gazumped the anticipated official english version? - or will there in fact be a true official English vesrion?

Why not join the forum.....
http://forums.cinemaxdev.com/viewforum.php?f=3

...and ask Eb (moderator) a direct question? - a kick-start might promp some response in a more discussive way.

Oh, didn't realize it's a czech game. I can speak czech better than english...
I've browsed through their czech-language site and found one english post from the authors:

Martin Kovář (kovar@cinemax.cz) - 31.5.2010, 13:34
re: The English version of Inquisitor
Hi to everyone interested in the English version of Inquisitor.

The ingame text is translated and we are currently working on its implementation. But since we have so little time, it's hard to say for now when the English version will be released. We'll let you know more in time.

I'm sure it will suffer from bad translation and such, but I'm still waiting anyway. It's just hope and a love for 2d isometric games. :)

What? They only finished the translation now? And they once though to release the english version in early january. Seems to me that Cinemax isn't very good with time estimation. Although, this is not surprising for a game that was in development for 10 years.

@Dhruin,

From where is the information sourced? - as yet there is no info on the official cinemax website , the site regularly updates its newsbits. There are no discussion posts (other than the youtube trailer) on the inquisitor forums.
http://games.cinemax.cz/

There has been for six months or so, an "Inqisitor repack" which is a Russian/English version (1.5 gb) of Inqisitor to download from the 'rapidshare' site and some others via torrents - can't say any more on that subject!

I would like to know what is 'officially' going on, i am very interested in this game and have been following it for some time. Has the 'repack' gazumped the anticipated official english version? - or will there in fact be a true official English vesrion?

Why not join the forum…..
http://forums.cinemaxdev.com/viewforum.php?f=3

…and ask Eb (moderator) a direct question? - a kick-start might promp some response in a more discussive way.

Out of curiosity I downloaded this 'repack' version. But everything in the game is russian. So, I can't understand a bit. And there is no way to turn the language to english.

I've been following with interest the lack of any info' on Inquisitor (i really like the theme concept of this game - the inquisitor can torture his victims to extract info!) and why there was an 'English' version available when 'googling' the title.
It is strange but i dont really know - iv'e just done another quick google (beware of viruses on some sites) and at least a dozen game specifications on d/l sites clearly state the language as English - no suggestion of Russian.

We now know the English game is in progress for sure and that rpgwatch has contact - can't be bad.

We now know the English game is in progress for sure and that rpgwatch has contact - can't be bad.
Given the English in that trailer, I wouldn't be too sure about that. Although I have to admit that, together with the horrible animations and look, I'm not too interested, anyway.

Yesterday I've seen some fort of adventure (?) game entitled "Inquisitor" named after a novel by famous German fantasy author Wolfgang Hohlbein.

Which means that the title of "Inquisitor" is already used hre in Germany.
Which means they would need a different title in that territory.

But I expect to be the game released only in/to English-language territories anyway.

For those interested, found this Inquisitor gameplay video on Youtube, not in english but clearly showing some of the menu system and the dialogue choices opening further branch selections. I viewed in full screen (HD) and think the video quality appears pleasantly acceptible for playing.........?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=XvLmyKDPO_o&gl=US

Back
Top Bottom