Diablo 3 - Hands On Impressions @ Kotaku

magerette

Hedgewitch
Kotaku got their hands on the promotional demo of Diablo III being featured at GamesCon and BlizzCon, and give their impressions of the game and the Barbarian player character, including a quick rundown on some of the skills, equipment and quests they encountered.
Here's a little of the more general feedback:
We just played Diablo III. For fifteen painfully brief minutes, our lady Barbarian tore through hordes of Fallen, clicking them back to the Hell they came from. It was good.
The Gamescom (and Blizzcon) demo of Diablo III featured at Blizzard's booth features the three announced classes: Wizard, Barbarian and Witchdoctor, with male and female options for both. I opted for the Barbarian, what I assumed would be the easiest, most familiar introduction to Diablo III. That assumption was correct. Blizzard doesn't seem to have mucked with the successful formula of click, kill and loot in the newest Diablo...
...From graphics to gameplay to interface adjustments, Blizzard seems to have delivered with Diablo III. The game looks fantastic, dripping with atmospheric detail and gorgeous visual effects. But honestly, it's the user interface changes that are most exciting. Blizzard has made the process of looting and equipping much more efficient, letting the player focus on the action.
More information.

Yesterday I reinstalled D2 & LoD because I positively cannot wait for Diablo 3 to be released. I have tried imitations such as Dungeon Runners, Sacred, et al and they just aren't cutting it. I would be ecstatic if this game could be out by Christmas 2009, but I know this will not happen.

Back
Top Bottom