Frayed Knights - A Whole Lotta Maps

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Jay Barnson has a Frayed Knights update showing the maps of the six outdoor areas (at a small resolution so you won't make out any real detail) and a few other details:
People keep asking: When is the game going to be released? I don’t mean to tease folks with details from a game that looks complete, but never quite deliver. The experience is 10x more frustrating on this end. There are still a few dozen high-priority issues with the game that need to be addressed one way or another, in addition to some more polishing and fine tuning. And the demo has to be finished (which will resemble the pilot). And I still need to finish the manual, the strategy guide, and a bunch of biz / marketing / website stuff.
So that’s a lotta stuff needs to happen, and I can’t nail down when all of these things are gonna come together. But I suspect we’re talking weeks, not days or months at this point.
More information.

The product of a potent mix of cold medication + caffeine.

Personally I'm glad to hear you're taking care of stuff like the manual and biz/marketing/website stuff. Lots of quikie-publish indies these days are skipping stuff like instructions (see Terraria, Desktop Dungeons, Cardinal Quest, ad infinitum) and leaving it to the fans to cobble together a wiki, which is subsequently left un-updated for months or years. Or they helpfully tell customers to look on the forums.

Some of them become money-making behemoths, but plenty more start handicapped because of sloppy presentation or the devs completely ignoring the sales part.

There's only so much an indie can do, but within those limitations I'd like to give the game every chance of success.

And the manual... well, that's just an old-school high-horse from me. I made a game that really needs a manual. There's a lot of moving parts to grok.

Ah Valentine Smith..., but I agree, the game does need a manual and in some places maps. With an Indie game it's important not to frustrate the fan base. Jay, a quick thought: Will the manual be in a format we could easily print out?

Back
Top Bottom