Moving rpgwatch domain away from GoDaddy?

hishadow

Level N+1
I'd be willing to donate to this cause! :) They're supporters of the new Stop Online Piracy Act legislation in the US. This new law has some ramifications for forums like this, since the owner of this site will be held responsible for its users actions. At worse, it means the .com domain name can be seized.

It is a good bill. It was never right in the first place to allow for wanton copyright infringement to be. Time for the first few measures to stop the Internet from devolving into complete savagery. You can be sure that there will only be more control from now on, simply because people can't regulate themselves and think it's OK to violate copyright and invent all sorts of funny and morally vacant justifications for it.

The opponents of SOPA really embarrass me for the most part (not you), they are practically hysterical, hyperbolic to the point of blatant disingenuousness, and ridiculously melodramatic. Then again, it's the same doofuses who thought it was perfectly fine to pirate all the music in the world all those years ago through Napster, got bitter about it closing, and attacked every form of order and copyright ever since.

If I had websites, I would actually move my domains to Godaddy just to spite them. :p

Last edited:
I'd be willing to donate to this cause! :) They're supporters of the new Stop Online Piracy Act legislation in the US. This new law has some ramifications for forums like this, since the owner of this site will be held responsible for its users actions. At worse, it means the .com domain name can be seized.

GoDaddy no longer supports SOPA.

Why would RPGWatch have to worry about SOPA? Last time I checked, there was no rampant or even behind the scenes piracy going on around here.

Suck it up, thieving scum. You will be permbanned when glorious SOPA passes.

Back
Top Bottom