Demon's Souls - Staying Online

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
The Atlas Faithful e-mail sent out news yesterday that Demon's Souls with be staying online for the foreseeable future, and they also provide a link to GameInformer for the news.
"We're incredibly excited to be able to announce that the Demon's Souls online experience will persist for a while longer," stated Tim Pivnicny, Vice President of Marketing and Sales at ATLUS. "While it originally seemed as though it would be unfeasible for us to continue to sustain the servers, a number of developments have made it possible for us to continue to invest in and support our fans as they have continued to invest in and support us and Demon's Souls.
"For all the gamers who have yet to discover the game's amazing online experience, we're happy to say you can still log on and find out why Demon's Souls is still regarded by many as one of the finest games of all time."
More information.

I dont get it. Why is this news, if the PC game comes in 2 months? (and a possible dlc for consoles)

This is DEMON'S Souls, not DARK Souls. Read carefully. It's the prequel and PS3 exclusive.

Good news indeed for those still playing it and doing PvP.

This is DEMON'S Souls, not DARK Souls. Read carefully. It's the prequel and PS3 exclusive.

Good news indeed for those still playing it and doing PvP.

you seem a troll sir, you made no sense

You're the one making no sense. Don't call the person that actually knows what he's talking about a troll, it makes you look like an idiot.

A troll is someone who replies to a person who has provided accurate information about something with the accusation that he/she is a troll. You, "sir," fit the definition precisely.

The confusion here may have been the word "prequel" in the original (otherwise accurate) reply. At the risk of sounding like the grammar police, Demon Souls was the 2009/10 PS3 *predecessor* of 2011/2012s Dark Souls.

That is good news. I'm still making my way through the game - I think I'm about half way through. Not having access to the multiplayer for help with bosses and such might have been rough.

I'm trying to finish Demon's Souls before taking on Dark Souls.

Very good news indeed. Especially since I bought a ps3 for this, and Dark Souls. In fact I have a review on Amazon simply to warn prospective buyers that taking the game offline does remove much of the game's functionality as far as many features will be nerfed.

I will absolutely say that this game has some merits which are better than Dark Souls. It may also be more difficult if that is possible.

Back
Top Bottom