Game Audio Contest 2007-02-24

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.
This is something new I think, found on another forum, inspired by the "Scene of the Day" thread.

http://jemym.no-ip.com/secret3.zip

This file contains 10 small mp3's. The goal is to guess what game the music comes from. I doubt anyone can guess them all. I have tried to mix the platform, age and the genré and only picked games I know was very popular, at least at their time of release. The music is stored in 64kbit mono to reduce the size and sometimes I have used cleaned/remixed music but you should still be able to guess the game.

If you wish to create your own contest you can use Gold Wave, then recompress with Lame Mp3 Encoder. Be sure to clean out the ID3 tags.

To host the contest you can use Send Space, Mega Upload or Rapid Share.

1. Turrican II (Jaz)
2. Baldur's Gate (Krzychu)
3. Fallout (Ozymandias)
4. Katamari Damacy
5. Morrowind (Jaz)
6. Tetris (Jaz)
7. Warcraft III (Krzychu(close)/Curious)
8. DOOM (Jaz)
9. Grim Fandango (Jaz)
10. Last Ninja

Last edited:
rolling-eyes-icon at 2, 3, 5, and 8.

Heh, this is fun.

I recognize 1 (Yeah!), 2 and 3. I'm sure I know number 7 but somehow I can't name it. Number 8 - I got it on the tip of my tongue, argh!

Heh, this is fun.

I recognize 1 (Yeah!), 2 and 3. I'm sure I know number 7 but somehow I can't name it. Number 8 - I got it on the tip of my tongue, argh!

Name them and I fill up the list with the first who guess them right.

Hm... guessing...
1. Turrican (at least it sounds a lot like Chris Hülsbeck)
5. Morrowind
6. Tetris (this IS just a guess, however)
8. Doom

2. Sounds *terribly* familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

2. Sounds *terribly* familiar, but I can't put my finger on it.

It's my bet that everybody who visited this board played this game.

3. Fallout

It's my bet that everybody who visited this board played this game.
It's from Gothic? Hmmm... trying to recall the main title...

By the way, track 1 = Turrican 2.

It's from Gothic? Hmmm... trying to recall the main title...

By the way, track 1 = Turrican 2.

Nop. Not Gothic.

I am amazed you recognized Turrican II just by recognizing Chris Hüelbeck's style :)

9. Reservoir Dogs? (never played the game, but I know there is one and the music would fit KBBL 'supersounds of the seventies')
2. Gothic 3??? Just because of your tip.

No to both. :)

Number 9 might be difficult considering it's an in-game title, although I know that many actually bought the soundtrack for this game since it was well known for it's great music.

2. Said to have singlehandy resurrected the rpg genré
4. Exceptionally wierd japanese title about a large ball
7. The "Sequel" is one of the most played games in the world.
9. Sadly the last adventuregame made by this still very active developer
10. Ancient game about the last of his kind

Nop. Not Gothic.

I am amazed you recognized Turrican II just by recognizing Chris Hüelbeck's style :)
Well... could it be Gothic 2, then? Because that's probable the game most ex-Dotters have played.
Chris Hülsbeck's style is pretty unique. I knew I had heard the track only recently, and the only Turrican games I replayed last year were Turrican 1 and Super Turrican 1. When you said it was not from the original Turrican game (and I knew it was not from Super T), I was pretty sure it was from T2 because I watched the intro movie not too long ago... :)

9. escape from monkey island? (pure guess as i've never played any of lucas arts adventure games save maniac mansion.
7. a warcraft game? i was also thinking spellforce but that doesn't fit the clue.
2.neverwinter nights?

no idea on the other 2. the fallout one was easy, but wouldn't have known the others. by the way what is turrican 2?

2) it doesn't sound like kai to me at all. you could say he is my chris hulsbeck;) i actually thought it was oblivion but having that and morrowind in the same list would be rather strange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turrican
The Turrican series consisted of platformer action games in the Metroid mold. Incredibly addictive, many secret places to explore... fine games, if you're into the genre.

never played the metroids though i know many like them. the only consoles i ever owned were playstation and dreamcast, both of which i was already an adult when i got them. the only really platformers i remember much were strider and zillion. those were both great sega master system games (which my friend owned not i).

Back
Top Bottom