Arkane Studios - The Crossing Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
It looks like Arkane's next project will fall out of our coverage with The Crossing just revealed. There's little information at present but the graphic at Arkane's site says "Fusing Single Player with MultiPlayer" and a sneak preview in Episode 60 of The 1Up Show apparently refers to it as a "crossplayer FPS" -- you'll have to download the 519Mb video file to find out for yourself.
More information.

Ya kiddin' me? I thought "fusing rpg with fps" was the height of stupid pr-speak, but "fusing multiplayer with singeplayer" takes the cake AND eats it!

Looks like we'll be waiting till after the release of Grimoire before we get Arx 2!! :(

its about a 10 second in-game footage cclip which is summed up pretty much by your description Dhruin--single player and multiplayer=crossplayer. at least they say single player first i suppose. the 'talking' after and before states how they (not the developer speaking) are going to change the genre/create a new one is still under raps. don't like multiplayer or most fps myself. but the setting looked somewhat interesting. an urban/possibly futuristic setting. liked arx, but i haven't played messiah other than the demo but will still keep an eye out for the demo. but i have a feeling anything they are going to try and change with a fps is going to be nothing compared to bioshock.

Well, after playing ARX i was really excited for what would come next from this company. After the release of DM and now this, i am officialy off the Arkane bandwagon.

Not sure how accurate this is atm, but it looks like Arkane did Not wirte the DM story but was given to them by Ubi, so it's possible they were just recurited to make the game based on what Ubi wanted, i.e. DM was just a job.

I think especially after reading the interview with one of the Arkane Devs about opening a studio in Austin, Arkane realises they could not make Arx2 at this point due to not having the funding.
So they intend to build themselves up in the industry as many starting Dev's do, so one day they can make games based on their own ideas.

I have to say, that I quite like DM. It is really good Action game with some skilling and cool fighting. Not really the best game arround and certanly not an rpg but quite good.

Perhaps they changed genres to get away from RPG fans.

Back
Top Bottom