Skyrim - Dragonborn DLC Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
As previously announced, Bethesda has made a trailer public today, which is the trailer for Dragonborn the new DLC for Skyrim.
Watch the trailer for Dragonborn, the next official game add-on for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Dragonborn will be available for download for 1600 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE on December 4.
More information.

No date for PC? The exclusive deal end on November 11th (and it was for 2 DLCs only).

And those "things" are ugly (somebody was right about the helm shape being based on that Morrowind helm looking at one of the creature in the trailer).

This looks quite meaty and returning to Solstheim might be neat, especially since shrooms and netches are in :).

What´s with the exclusivity though?

Trailer looks great. Some things I noticed.

Spears. The Rieklings were using spears.
Telvanni and Redoran architecture. Didn't see any Hlaalu architecture.
Apocrypha is in. Seems one of the books the Dovahkiin was reading ensnared him.

Looks cool overall. Can't wait!

xbox exclusivity sucks but... I'll get this like anyway, maybe something to play over the holidays.

Did anyone else feel that some of the gameplay looked kind of...ugly? The art direction isn't as good as it is in vanilla Skyrim IMO.

Trailer looks great. Some things I noticed.

Spears. The Rieklings were using spears.
Telvanni and Redoran architecture. Didn't see any Hlaalu architecture.
Apocrypha is in. Seems one of the books the Dovahkiin was reading ensnared him.

Looks cool overall. Can't wait!

No Hlaalu presence makes sense; they are a southern-ish faction. Redoran and Telvanni traditionally hold the northern half of Vvardenfell and Blacklight, which borders Skyrim, is Redoran.

I agree that this does look promising. I wonder how much of the art direction of previous games holds sway over canon lore. It would be nice if we could go back to Cyrodiil being a jungle and the empire's remnants being more Roman. But, sigh, I fear that the impact of B-soft's great breakout game on so many new faces will preclude that. Maybe it's just the foreign legions that wear the galea and lorica.

So it was more skyrim dlc good. At least this one looks interesting. Sadly the Microsoft exclusive detail is still on. I don't think there counting Hearthfire as the second one in the deal. I could be wrong.

So it was more skyrim dlc good. At least this one looks interesting. Sadly the Microsoft exclusive detail is still on. I don't think there counting Hearthfire as the second one in the deal. I could be wrong.

The official trailer for Dragonborn have no xbox add at the end like the Heartfire and Dawnguard trailers did… This is not part of any xbox exclusive, it's just Bethesda trying to make quick cash on xbox users. In other words, xbox users are just guinea pigs again.

The funniest part is that those market delayed release probably made them lose $ in the end, because I've seen a lot of PC users saying they are waiting for sales now or GOTY editions and let not speak of the PS3 users who can't buy any DLCs yet.

At least it have a feel of morrowind except I didn't notiched half nude barbarians who are 100% to cold resistance.

At least it have a feel of morrowind except I didn't notiched half nude barbarians who are 100% to cold resistance.

I liked the new fur armor the old guy was wearing. Reminds me of one of the water tribe from Avatar. When playing Skyrim, I usually preferred the fur or forsworn armors to the metal varieties.

Can anybody explain me what is wrong with limited time platform exclusivity?

Wrong? That's subjective.

However, I think it's rather tasteless. Then again, I'm also the kind of person who considers product placement tasteless, and the vast majority seem totally fine with that.

Ultimately, it's not something you can objectively define as right or wrong. You can just have an opinion about it.

Wrong? That's subjective.

However, I think it's rather tasteless. Then again, I'm also the kind of person who considers product placement tasteless, and the vast majority seem totally fine with that.

Ultimately, it's not something you can objectively define as right or wrong. You can just have an opinion about it.

Excuse my ignorance but what is product placement?
I also think it's a matter of opinion but I find it very weird when I see people whining about it and I just wanted to understand why (maybe there's some reason I'm not aware of).

Excuse my ignorance but what is product placement?
I also think it's a matter of opinion but I find it very weird when I see people whining about it and I just wanted to understand why (maybe there's some reason I'm not aware of).

Product placement is when you take money in return for placing a product in your movie/game/whatever.

It's what I consider artistic corruption, but it's an accepted standard for big-budget productions. Such productions are already corrupted artistically, so I guess it's not a big deal.

As for "whining" - I can certainly appreciate that people don't like to wait to be able to pay for something that goes along with the product they already paid for.

It's like being punished for going with your platform of choice.

It's "free money" for Bethesda - but it's also taking a dump in the mouths of non-Xbox users.

Back
Top Bottom