Baldur's Gate 2 - Assassinations Mod Review @ Sorcerer's Place

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Sorcerer dropped us a line to say they have a new review of the Assassinations mod for BG2. The score is 9/10 and here's the intro describing the mod:
One of the most commonly voiced criticisms of Baldur’s Gate II is that players who want to express their character’s Bhaal heritage by taking a more evil route through the game find options limited, and those that are available are generally less rewarding than the traditional “good” path. Assassinations goes some way to addressing this by offering a series of assassination-based quests suitable for a more morally flexible character. There are ten quests in Shadows of Amn, and male PCs may also attempt to romance their handler, Lynn. Be warned, though: your actions do have consequences!
More information.

Very interesting! I'm currently re-playing Baldur's Gate 1 (with a Paladin actually), and I'll probably play some BG2 later on. I always liked Artemis Entreri in the Drizzt series, so this mod sounds like it's spot on. However, I think I'll play one of the thief classes when trying it out, just to make it feel right, and then bring along Edwin, Viconia and Korgan. Maybe a fighter/thief multiclass half-elf.

Should be an interesting experience.

I've already played that mod... in fact as soon as it was out! ;) I really enjoyed it. awesome work as usual... our dear kulyok! everyone single mod of hers are fantastic! :D

The one thing I am noticing (and granted I've played two of the crappier mods, or tried rather, but I've played others in the past) is that writing on mods tends to be disjointed and not flow well. The NPC banter pack for BG1 was the only exception I've found so far.

Back
Top Bottom