Fantasy Wars: Elven Legacy - Review @ GameSNAFU

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameSNAFU dropped us a line to point out their review of Elven Legacy, which sports the score of 4/5:
Beyond the campaign there is the standard multiplayer head to head play and a few standalone missions for some additional encounters. We didn't notice any major technical problems or crashes though on occasion when starting a new level the frame rate would be very low temporarily. Tabbing out of the game and back in would also result in a gray progress bar that would take longer to finish loading than the actual installation of the product so alt tabbers beware. Overall Elven Legacy plays very similarly to Fantasy Wars and to past classic games such as Panzer General albeit with a fantasy setting. It isn't as hard as those two games but its difficulty on even normal settings along with turn limitations serve as a hindrance that will hopefully be addressed. That said fans of turn based strategy games will adore this game as its significant variety of units, well designed maps, tactical choices such as terrain placement and unit advancement all combine into a very enjoyable product.
More information.

See? now this I consider a more fair review, as it focuses and what the game is (a fantasy turn based strategy game), and not on what it's not (a revolution from the previous game).

Despite the sloppy English, I like this review a lot, even more than reviews I regularly read at good sites. It's like a bullet point list with more details and no BS, and he covers all the points I'm interested in.

It really does look like a winner, for me at least.

Back
Top Bottom