Why no TES section?

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch
I noticed there are sub-forums for Drakensang, Gothic, Risen, Dragon Age, etc., but no sub-forum for TES games.

Why is this? There are already numerous TES threads in the "General RPG" section and it seems very odd that TES doesn't get its own section.

TES, only puts out a game every 4-5 years. Right now there is very little discussion on Oblivion and hasn't been for a couple of years. Skyrim is just beginning to take off and the admins may decide we need a forum just for it, but that is thier decision based on traffic. Having too many sub-forums with little traffic is a waste of limited resources since each one requires a mod.

TES, only puts out a game every 4-5 years. Right now there is very little discussion on Oblivion and hasn't been for a couple of years. Skyrim is just beginning to take off and the admins may decide we need a forum just for it, but that is thier decision based on traffic. Having too many sub-forums with little traffic is a waste of limited resources since each one requires a mod.

Many thanks for clarifying. To my untrained eyes, it seemed quite strange to see so many different subforums with no TES.

Well, if votes count, I'm putting my vote in for the record. :D

I assume that when Skyrim comes out (at the day when German carnival begins, lol), there will be need for a TES section - at least that's my estimation.

It's always been a traffic issue. Look at Oblivion. Even during the first week of release, we never had more than 5-6 threads going for the game at any given time. That's simply not enough to keep a dedicated section active. Dead forums make the site look dead.

The site owners have a soft spot for certain smaller developers which leads to some sections that might not technically merit one on traffic alone (Larian's section comes to mind), but I guess that's a privilege of ownership to break their own rules. ;)

I'm a TES fan myself, so I'm afraid I'm biased. But when it came to voting, I'd be all for it ...

It's always been a traffic issue. Look at Oblivion. Even during the first week of release, we never had more than 5-6 threads going for the game at any given time. That's simply not enough to keep a dedicated section active. Dead forums make the site look dead.

The site owners have a soft spot for certain smaller developers which leads to some sections that might not technically merit one on traffic alone (Larian's section comes to mind), but I guess that's a privilege of ownership to break their own rules. ;)

I was going to point out, in the case of the Divinity games, they aren't exactly released frequently either.

With the ES games even if the board doesn't necessarily have a ton of traffic, I kind of think it's nice to have as a reference because the older games can be kind of a pain in the ass to get working with all the mods and 3rd party programs you need to fix things and keep them up to date visually. It would be nice to have a forum where you can refer to and see what sorts of mods and setups people are using and so forth.

Well, as many know I am not a TES fan, but a forum for this series would be great, especially with skyrim approaching.

What a happy bunch we are all agreeing like that :)

Isn't it cute that they haven't realized the election results will be 1-0, and in related matters, would this be an acceptable time to get in my grovelling? :D

I've made it so.... Just to proof begging does help ;)

Back
Top Bottom