Turbine Accounts being targeted!

Cm

Sentinel of Light
DDO and LoTR are two of the games that have attracted Phishing frauds now via the Turbine Accounts manager. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=3322509#post3322509 Here is a link to one warning. They apparently log into the games, saying some spoof about a warning or something free from Turbine, then post up the fake url and there you go….another one hooked. :cm:

Just a heads up for everyone.

Thanks, Cm. I just started playing DDO and was really surprised by how fun it is. I don't have to bother with getting into parties or even talking to other people. Every single quest can be made easier or harder depending on your choice right at the entrance. It's such a simple idea, yet awesome. Truthfully, I wish I could play the quests on hard automatically because between my summons and hirelings I can take those on easily. Hirelings are a simple, but great idea too.

I wish WAR was this good.

What server are you playing on? Don't forget, a large number of us play regularly on Khyber and we do have our own Guild. Some also play occassionally on Cannith.

I wanted to try it out and get a little experienced in how to play before I went to your game. Also wanted to see if it was any good. My only other experience with a MMO was WAR and that one was downright horrible. Hated everything about it.

This one surprised me. Even the DDO store isn't a cheap shot at giving people an unfair advantage. Sure there are a few adventures you can't do or a couple races/classes you can't choose, but nothing really horrible like offering a sword of doom +1000 at just the shop. I found (so far) some pretty cool magic items that are rewards for the quests.

I was really hoping that Joy would join, but I really don't think that is going to happen now. The whole reason I even tried DDO was to try and coax her back here, but as long as that.....area.....is up I highly doubt it. Maybe we can incorporate a hide feature for that topic :) I know I would use it so I'd never have to see any threads from P&R in the homepage.

Anyways, I'm on the Ar(something) server. Don't recall the name. Will edit this out later, but it's the first server on the list. Will check out the other servers later. My names are pretty typical for me. CagedRat (male human ranger) and Skaveness (female elf wizard).

Thanks for the invite.

I know the server, and NONE of us play there. If you plan to join us, you will have to play on Khyber, which means re-starting your characters, since they don't transfer. I'd suggest you get one char to level 4 on Argon and then buy Vet status which allows you to start every char at level 4 on every server.

Thanks, Cm. I just started playing DDO and was really surprised by how fun it is. I don't have to bother with getting into parties or even talking to other people. Every single quest can be made easier or harder depending on your choice right at the entrance. It's such a simple idea, yet awesome. Truthfully, I wish I could play the quests on hard automatically because between my summons and hirelings I can take those on easily. Hirelings are a simple, but great idea too.

I wish WAR was this good.
Eventually, you'll hit some quests that require additional players to complete, but it's not like you have to do those if you don't want to. As I've said across half a dozen threads, even as a diehard solo gamer, I've found that this game really shines in multiplayer.

If you think about Wiz8, where you can agonize over how your characters mesh into a proper killing machine for months, our guild works very similar--all the different parts come together to mesh into something greater.

That said, my melee ranger is up to level 11 with about 95% of his time being solo. Yeah, I get what you're saying. ;)

There are guild membership advantages, such as lower costing hireling, potions ect. and airship travel. Even if you don't join our sessions, you would be welcome to take advantage of the guild.
I have a level 5 fighter I have been soloing up. I think all of us enjoy solo play at times, just to clear the brain and have a little fun running over creatures that gave us fits the first time out. ;)

Back
Top Bottom