Farcry 4

The environments look fantastic, and I'm glad they went back to the island setting of the original Far Cry.

I'm hugely disappointed to see they kept the self-serve gun stores from Far Cry 2 though. Incredibly unrealistic and immersion breaking to me. :-/

Ya, the more of the video I watched the less excited I became, but like Farcry 2, this game might be 2 bucks on steam one day during a sale ;). Oh and ya, FC 3 not 4

I'm hugely disappointed to see they kept the self-serve gun stores from Far Cry 2 though. Incredibly unrealistic and immersion breaking to me. :-/

Just use your imagination and pretend the Farcry world has the technology for self-serve gun stores. It's not that far fetched.

Anyway, from the few minutes of the video I was able to watch, this game looks great! I am glad to see another open-world game on the market, and this looks like a game I will definitely have to check out when it's released.

Wish it had more RPG elements though, but I'll take what I can get.

The best news is the fool thing doesn't respawn enemies as soon as you turn your back.

The worst news is that it's Ubisoft and using UPlay. After that super-stupid security blunder in UPlay I'm a bit scared of the thing.

P.S. The video guy is another person that cranks up FoV. Argh!! Dang fish-eye warps!

Just watched this video - 14 minutes of 2 developers playing Far Cry 3 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXVuF3IWSSA

Looks awesome. It definitely reminds me of Elder Scrolls but with guns. Maybe not as heavy as Elder Scrolls, but still quite nice.

The radio towers are a great addition. A little vertical platforming gameplay is always a welcome addition in these types of games. I think there is potential for a game to go even further than Far Cry 3 in that regard, and make towers a mile high that you have to scale. I don't know why but I think the idea of scaling towers in video games is pretty damn cool.

Far Cry 3 is a good start though. Can't wait to check it out!

Just watched this video - 14 minutes of 2 developers playing Far Cry 3 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXVuF3IWSSA

Looks awesome. It definitely reminds me of Elder Scrolls but with guns. Maybe not as heavy as Elder Scrolls, but still quite nice.

Great video, looks like a big open world sandbox. I see what you mean about the similarity with TES, so many different items you can craft, different ways to approach every encounter.

Far Cry 3 equals new video card for me
I just watched the gamespot preview- Hmm, leveling, stats,crafting,open world and alchemy.
Sounds like a great game

Far Cry 3 equals new video card for me

The specs are not very high, much lower than Dishonored:

Far Cry 3 Minimum Specs
DirectX9c graphics card with 512MB Video RAM
Dual core CPU
4GB Memory

Far Cry 3 Recommended Specs
DirectX11 graphics card with 1024MB Video RAM
Quad core CPU
4GB Memory

Meh if it's better than the last two I will be impressed. I doubt it though. I can't wait to see user reviews and not paid reviews give there impressions after playing it.

Last edited:
Far Cry 3 Recommended Specs
DirectX11 graphics card with 1024MB Video RAM
Quad core CPU
4GB Memory

Yes, I have all that. Kinda surprised with the way those shots looked.

Great video, looks like a big open world sandbox. I see what you mean about the similarity with TES, so many different items you can craft, different ways to approach every encounter.

Yeah. Looks real promising. They even had a cave interior that was real-time with no load screen. Looked like there was a chest hidden in the back of the cave too. If there's going to be that type of exploration in this game, wow. It's going to be nice. This is one game I may consider paying full price for.

I won't expect Skyrim, but a nice open-world with guns sounds pretty fun.

Yeah. Looks real promising. They even had a cave interior that was real-time with no load screen. Looked like there was a chest hidden in the back of the cave too. If there's going to be that type of exploration in this game, wow. It's going to be nice. This is one game I may consider paying full price for.

I won't expect Skyrim, but a nice open-world with guns sounds pretty fun.

FC3 has its own in-game map editor that you can use to create your own maps and dungeons (caves). You can create single player maps with AI (NPC and animals with AI), or multiplayer maps without the above.

Meh if it's better than the last two I will be impressed. I doubt it though. I can't wait to see user reviews and not paid reviews give there impressions after playing it.

Far Cry was excellent, but that was developed by Crytek. FarCry 2 was developed by Ubisoft Montreal and so was Far Cry 3. That alone is reason for me to have some doubts about this game.

Far Cry 3 is a good start though. Can't wait to check it out!
Great! If your PC eats itself within a month of installation, please post in this thread. ;)

Sorry, I'll be playing on a console :D

One thing that bothered me a little bit about this game is that your character is a bad-ass with guns right from the start. I would have liked to see a gradual progression where you start off weak and work on your skills to get better, rather than being able to use every gun to maximum efficiency right from the beginning of the game. Not a huge deal but something that could affect my long-term enjoyment of the game, because the character development may be lacking. The guy playing also mentioned that some of the survival aspects aren't really necessary because of how the game is structured that you are basically a John Rambo right from the start. I feel the game could have been so much more had they made progression and survival much more worthwhile.

We'll see how it goes. Still excited to play it though.

It wouldn't be RPGWatch if there weren't doubters :)

I always doubt every game that comes out.:p Marketing and the developers word mean nothing to me after years of lying and misleading comments.

The best news is the fool thing doesn't respawn enemies as soon as you turn your back.
You sure about that?
If it's true I might buy it.

Yea, I know it uses the worst DRM possible, but I kinda got used on the uplay scandal running in the background with Anno2070 and HoMM6... Kinda, because it's still annoying, just not that much.

Back
Top Bottom