Witcher Which mods are recommended ?

The Witcher

Jeo

Traveler
Hi, I'm new to the Witcher. Which mods would you recommend? I don't mean total coversions or new adventure types, just ones that enhance the game. For instance, is there one that gives you an additional 1st person perspective, enhance the characters, or a way to switch difficulty levels during the game etc.

mods for The Withcer? Didn't use any. It didn't need any imo. Wish I could help.

Same here. The only mods I've heard about are additional adventures.

If there's one that works around the stupidly designed boss battle at the end of the first chapter, I could recommend that one. Other than that, it doesn't really need any mods IMO.

(Edit: Although I suppose there's something to be said for the Triss Without Underwear mod.)

I used mods that gives access to your storage in the swamp (C2 and C3) and in Chapter 5, but that's it.

I´ve only used First Person Enabled mod for my EE playthrough.
It lets you zoom into first person in the OTS view. For me it really made the exploration in The Witcher more immersive and enjoyable, and for battles you can always zoom out using mouse wheel.
Worth a try imo, it´s just one tiny file which you can always delete if it´s not to your liking.
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=9696.0

Other than that, there is Flash Mod which does all sorts of various tweaks and most notably ups the difficulty. I haven´t played with it but it seems like a well polished work. I wouldn´t recommend this kind of mod for the first playthrough, but it might be a viable option for eventual replay. I´ll certainly use it when I get to one.
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17884.0

For your first playthrough, just make sure to play the game on the hardest difficulty
setting, it should make the game at least a bit challenging at times and you get rid of the silly sword icon :).

I didn't notice there *was* any respawning, other than between chapters of course. Is there?

There is big-time respawning in The Witcher, special\boss creatures excluded of course.

Perhaps he's talking about a mod that stops the respawning?

I doubt there´s any such mod.
Personally, I think that respawning was generally handled quite sensibly in this game. For me the only minor annoyances were drowners in chapter 5 and in the sewers.

But my opinion aside, no respawn mod would probably make some contracts to be unfinishable.

Back
Top Bottom