Demonicon - Preview @ Saving Content

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I have another short preview of The Dark Eye - Demonicon this time from a site called Saving Content. It's based on a live demo of the game with the developers.

On October 8th, Kalypso Media held an event with the press to take a look at The Dark Eye: Demonicon from developer, Noumena. This was a hands-off demo as they played the game for us and showed specific sections. The game was mostly referred to as Demonicon, as I will for the rest of the preview.

At the end, there was time for Q&A. I was able to get some in with the developer and presenter:

Q: Can you respec at any time, or are you locked in once you make your choices?

A: You can try a lot while you are in the character sheet. but once you have decided to save the settings, they will remain as they are.

Q: Are you able to save manually either by menu or quicksave, or is it by checkpoint only?

A: Story-related Checkpoints and manually saving are both possible.

Q: Is knowing “The Dark Eye” beneficial or required for being able to fully enjoy the game?

A: Knowing The Dark Eye is not necessary and the game gives you a lot of lore to discover the game world even more. TDE is VERY big with a dynamic history line.

In the 45 minutes or so that I saw of the game, it looks incredibly gorgeous, deep, challenging, lengthy, and full of minor to major choices to be made throughout the beautiful world. I’m looking forward to spending some time in Aventuria.
More information.

TDE is VERY big with a dynamic history line.

I can only stress this.
It's a shame that so few of it has been translated yet.

Back
Top Bottom