Planescape: Torment - Re-released

What a ripoff for such old games especially since they were already released cheaper several years ago. I can't remember the exact cost of my copy of Torment but it was around $10 - $15 US dollars. The price here is more like what it should have been for all of the games.

PS. If the games would have been released on GOG it would have been much cheaper.

EDIT: Checked the US version of Amazon and they don't have the new release of Torment and the other ones are even more expensive.

Last edited:
PS. If the games would have been released on GOG it would have been much cheaper.

I agree - GoG has redefined the 'old game re-release' expectation in terms of price.

I equate it to the iTunes App Store - a few years ago I would pay $20 - 25 for games for my Windows CE Pocket PC's, but now I see Fieldrunners on PSP for $7 and think it is a ripoff!

Have they added some new patch for the game, or is it just using the latest?

I'm glad I still have my old cds, they don't make games like that anymore...

Last time I tried to play PST on Windows XP it crashed at certain situations. I would love to see that fixed and happily buy a new version. Too bad it amazon.co.uk only.

If you look at the link provided Woges provided, you'll notice that it says 'new and improved' and that the platform now says 'Windows XP/Vista'. That alone could justify the 18£ (18 British Pound) for this new release of a 10 year old game.

I haven't seen any new release of PS: Torment, at least not here in Europe, unless of course you count the games of Forgotten Relams Collection box. I still think this only was the CD-version, though.

Baldur's Gate 1 did get a re-release on DVD several years back, I think, Atari released such a version 2001? or maybe 2002? BG2 did also get a re-release on DVD, at least in Europe.

Atari must have thought there would be a market for PS: Torment, since they have re-released it...

Considering the quality of the game (best game ever, remember), I don't find the price a rip-off. I'd gladely pay full price for it, but don't tell Atari that.

The copy I got was a 2 cd jewel case version at a store serveral years ago but I can't remember exactly when. (it has been a long time though.) I have never had problems running it on Windows XP or Vista. (haven't played it since I got Windows 7)

Why not a digital release? It would keep costs down and make available to a wider market. Price is not too much of an issue for me, but convenience is.

Is it simply because they feel they can justify higher price for physical copy? Still doesn't make sense to me as I think they would sell substantially more copies digitally and make more money even at a lower price point.

I'm far happier with a physical release than a digital one. I'd be surprise if a digital release didn't happen in the future anyway.

I'd love to have an updated version of any of these games, but if all they did was make the autorun not crash, or the installer less buggy in the Vista environment than there is no point. All those things can be worked around or fixed via fan patches/mods.

If anyone purchases any of these, keep us updated on any directdraw issues that are or are not present, please.

Too bad you can't ship overseas with amazon uk.

I own both IWD and BG boxes that look exactly like the ones linked to. They have been available for about 3 years. The IWD box doesn't include Trial of the Luremaster and if I recall correct, is not with the latest patch.

I am just hoping that this is an interlude to a digital release on GoG ...

It was released in a two pack with Soulbringer a few years back. I remember waiting to long to get it from Go-Gamer and I never got it because they ran out of copies.

Planescape: Torment version 1.0 :-/

Back
Top Bottom