Clockwork Empires

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I remember reading about this game last year, but I completely forgot it. :-/

It's called Clockwork Empires a steam-punk city building game being developed by a studio called Gaslamp Games. Here is teaser trailer and other information.

I enjoyed the part with the Cthulhu reference.:)

Take on the role of a Junior Bureaucrat (Colonial Grade), sent forth to seek fame, promotions, and natural resources to feed the ravenous maw of Imperial Industry & Commerce. Build a prosperous colony, fill it with magnificent factories worked by oppressed labourers, and harness the awesome power of steam through fearsome machines invented by determined men and women of Science! History is yours to seize for fame and fortune, for Science, and for the Queen and the glory of the Clockwork Empires!
Link -http://www.clockworkempires.com/

Gaslamp Games is the Dungeons of Dredmor people. Seems like a very different game, but it does look interesting

Looks very nice. :)

Can't say I'm too impressed with the art style, but the Cthulhu reference alone is enough for me to keep an eye on it.

Gaslamp Games posted a new announcement about the game being available on Steam Early Access. Here is part of the announcement, and the link.

Link- https://www.gaslampgames.com/2014/07/16/clockwork-empires-earliest-access/
At long last, we are pleased to announce that Clockwork Empires has hit what we are calling Earliest Access – it launches on Friday July 18th, and you can buy it now! Earlier than Early Access, we are continuing our legacy of innovation by daring to release Earlier than any other Early Access developer.

Buying a copy of the Earliest Access build will get you a Steam key, which you can then use to play Clockwork Empires. Your Earliest Access will be upgraded to a copy of the Steam Early Access version when we launch it in August; you will also, subsequently, get the finished game when it’s done.

An overview of the current status of the Clockwork Empires project as a whole can be found here, and we will be regularly updating that page at the same time as the major game content updates so you can see how far along we are.
We will also of course continue to update our development blog, send update emails to people on the mailing list that want them, tweet about development here, and participate in forum discussions here.

Can't believe it has been six months since I last updated this thread. Anyway the game is still in Early Access, and the developers have released a January update.

Clockwork Empires January Update
Our January update is now up on Steam! Whoa, that's a lot of monthly updates.

Last edited:
Anyway here is the very late February Update I forgot to post about last month.

Clockwork Empires February Update
Our February update is now up on Steam! The game has evolved and improved significantly in the six months we've been at this. Highlights of today's patch include:

• Fog of war (if your colonists can’t see it, it becomes shrouded in dark fog!)
  • Character-driven events
  • Job balance overhaul (especially social and combat jobs)
  • Start of significant improvements to cult system

As usual I'm late with the post so here is the March Update.

Clockwork Empires March Update: Don't Tell The Ministry!
Our March update is now up on Steam! Significant improvements to performance and overall smoothness of the game over February's update. Major Features:

• lots of engine, rendering, and AI optimizations
  • new character skill system (& character models set by highest skill)
  • revamped resource harvesting UI (with more to come)
  • lots of new cult & bandit events
  • icon added for single bottle of rum

Hi everyone, today is the day Clockwork Empires leaves Early Access! Enjoy the game!

Ah, thanks for the head's up. This has been on my wishlist for some time now.
I think I'll hold out for a while longer until it is discounted though. :)

I played it for a few hours last night. I enjoyed it, but there are definitely interface issues, and it doesn't flow quite as well as, say, Rimworld. Still it's reasonably intriguing so far so I'm not regretting the purchase. But if your on the fence there is nothing wrong with waiting for them to iron out a few things, and I will still have to see what I think of it after some more play time.

An example of the release.

Previous version number was 0.55 or something. Moved to 1.0 (the release)
Video makers were paid to promote the release.

A marketing event to raise the profile of the product and collect new funds.

Back
Top Bottom