Paris Hilton

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits
I just saw the latest coverage of Paris Hilton where she was lead from the courtroom in tears after being ordered back to jail, and I'm completely disgusted. How does everyone else feel?

Last night I had a good laugh about the whole thing, talking with my sister over the phone. We joked that Paris was "The People's Princess" and how absurd the whole thing seemed. But it's not funny anymore, not to me.

I'm 49 years old, and when I see Paris Hilton, I don't think about how sexy or cool she looks. I see somebody's daughter. She's not lacking for much, I guess, but I think she probably could use some better parents. Maybe the authorities should be leading them out of the courtroom screaming instead.

I'll undoubtedly feel differently at some point. But right now I'm a little codependent and feeling sorry for Paris Hilton.

No offense, Squeek, but if I were a mod here, I'd just ban your ass for life for making a Paris Hilton thread. Kidding! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

On a more serious note, I really don't care about PH. Who is she? The rich, spoilt, dumb, retarded brat daughter of a dude who established a really successful chain of hotels. Ummm... yay? Sooo? Any "other" accomplishments (other than a sex tape), talent (other than getting in trouble due to dumbfuckery) or just... plain anything? Nope. Nada. She's a complete nobody. The whole circus around this chick is the pinnacle of ridiculousness. No other "celebrity" in recent history is as overrated as PH.

And as far as "feeling sorry" for PH is concerned, nope, not gonna happen here. I feel sorry for children/people who are abused, who are raped, who get beaten up by their drunk parents every day, who are tortured, who have to make a living on less than $1 a day (over 1 billion people share that problem), who can't get a job, who are mentally or physically retarded, who are suffering from chronic/terminal illnesses, you know, basically people who've really hit the shit jackpot. That's who I feel sorry for. But not for PH who has money coming out her ears, who is healthy, and who will never ever have to suffer from any real problems. Her petty non-problems can be easily fixed (hopefully) by helping her get a perspective for how good she actually has it. Maybe the jail will help her come to her senses.

I'm in agreement with Mo. PH should be made to do HARD labor for the next month. Maybe they could even lose the key to her cell, so we could all forget she even exists!!

Yeah, I think PH is a lost cause. I mean, no good will ever come from her. Its amazing to think that most people in todays "Upside Down" Society like her, and Idolize her.

I am bothered at how much attention this gets compared with *real* issues ... and now Squeek has pulled us into it - lynch mob for Squeek ;)

Just another media circus.

While it's a little facile to say the rich have no 'real' problems, it's true that it's a lot harder to feel compassion for people who have advantages that they throw away for cheap thrills. I feel a lot more sorry for the abyssmal Britney Spears(--a loser & user yes, but not the brightest bulb, in turn used and discarded, hounded for driving with a child on her lap, for Chrissakes--when I was a kid, I bounced all over the car like a krump dancer-while my mother smoked cigarettes!!--horror-) than I do for PH.

Gak! I hate Britney Spears and Paris Hilton equally.

Although I admit grudingly, BS has marginally more talent then Paris "The Super Skank" Hilton...

God, I hate attention whores...

She endangered people by driving drunk. She got a warning. She then kept on endangering innocent people by continuing to drive drunk. She must now face the penalty for putting innocent lives on the line. In my opinion the penalty should be harder in general for such recklessness, too many people die because some drunk idiot runs them over or crashes into their car. What if Paris had hit a car with family in it? Could've killed several people, including small children.

Drunken driving once is bad enough, repeating it right after you got a warning for doing it is just plain daft. Anyone in that position must learn how to take the conseqences of their actions in life. This includes Paris Hilton.

I thought she was okay in that movie "house of wax". You got to see her impaled after all.

Can't complain about "One night in Paris" either, what a talent.

Truth be told, I do agree a bit with Squeek - her parents must've done something wrong the past 25 years or so. Her mother, as far as I know, actually encourages Paris to lead the kind of life she does, and in fact raised her that way.

Still, that doesn't change the fact that Paris now has to pay the price for breaking the law. For once, not even a wealthy celebrity is above the law, which is good.

Interesting to note all these experts on PH's movies!! :) I've never had that much time to waste!! :p

I'm with Mo all the way... and with Corwin: labor camp for the lady.*

This thread finally fanned my interest because it is not about one of the dreadful topics I usually avoid discussing with my in-laws or even hubby: I usually know I'm right and they are wrong, so there is no need to discuss politics.
Well, I know my opinion is the only correct one here, too, but it's refreshing to see that for a change, I'm not alone ;).

Why is everyone so angry at her (bitching/whoring her)? She is just a rich person living a playgirl life. Going to a lots of parties and having lots of sex. Its not like playboys/playgirls are somthing that have never before been seen.

Dictionary
Playboy - A man who is devoted to the pursuit of pleasurable activities.

Why is everyone so angry at her (bitching/whoring her)? She is just a rich person living a playgirl life. Going to a lots of parties and having lots of sex. Its not like playboys/playgirls are somthing that have never before been seen.

Just to clarify things, she's a 'hotel heiress'.

Question: Who is Paris Holton? Haltern? What?

Question: Who is Paris Holton? Haltern? What?

I'm sorry to say this this way, but WOAH! YOU DON'T KNOW!!!
She is a "Stupid Spoiled Whore" (Ref: South Park) who is idolized by way too many people. She is the daughter of the guy who owns the Hilton Hotel Branches.

Actually, why is this post going for so long, and why are we wasting so much time conversing about this person?

Back
Top Bottom