In praise of good hardware

hishadow

Level N+1
Before there can be software, there has to be hardware! So why not have a thread in praise of excellent hardware!? Well, here is my praise…

The NEC 20WGX2 LCD monitor! This was my first, and current, LCD monitor. I waited out on buying a LCD monitor because of the dreaded motion blur. Before its release you had to choose between fast refresh rates but poor image quality (think dither), or motion blur with good image quality. This LCD features an IPS panel that brought motion blur down to an acceptable level while giving good image quality.

I remember bringing my monitor to a LAN. Some months later two of my friends bought the same monitor! :) The lively colors really help bring the game to life. Its kinda like having listened to cassettes all your life and being introduced to cds. There were some frequencies you'd been missing out on.

It's only fault, and this every owner of an 20WGX2 can attest to, it the power button! Mine got broken after 2 years. The chance of getting it to power on is like rolling a 18/00 when creating your Baldur's Gate char ... a lot of pressing!! :D Alas, it's always powered on.

2990-reflections.jpg

Somebody summon AppleIntimidation so he can praise the Apple hardware. :)
No we don't want that.:shh: The topic starter at least comes across as sensible.:)

Ooo, do I get to go on and on about 3D Vision again?

Nah, no point. With the Oculus Rift coming real-soon-now, I can't really recommend it anymore. Rift should do more and cost less.

Back
Top Bottom