Pillars of Eternity - Post-Funding Update #73

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The lastest post-funding update for Pillars of Eternity talks about Narrative Design.

Narrative Design: A Day in the Life, Companion Goals, & Undead

Hey everybody. I'm Eric Fenstermaker and I'm the lead narrative designer on Pillars of Eternity. Before this I held the same position on South Park: The Stick of Truth, so if the dialogue in Eternity ends up being a long string of obscenities and fart jokes, you know who to blame. You can direct all hate mail to my work email account, brandon.adler@obsidian.net.

I know we suggested last week that I was going to give you a lore update, but I thought, this is a crowdfunded project. Why not completely fail to deliver on what was promised and instead give our backers something no one asked for?

I have three things for you today - the first is a look at what my daily experience is like, then I'm going to talk a bit about some high-level goals we have for writing our companion characters, and finally I might just have some lore about Eternity's undead.

On the next episode of Pillars of Eternity: Josh Sawyer writes a class update about wizards and druids, and Adam meets a wacky goblin neighbor only he can see!
More information.

That was a long update, although a bit cheeky in some places. The screenshot ooze ambiance too.

There was also an AMA on Reddit. It is mentioned at the end of the update, but happened a bit later yesterday. There isn't big revelation in it, but some answer about companions, world design and development.

The lore about the sequence of undead states is new. It answers the questions about how undead are formed from a soul-based magic system, and what types of undead we may encounter.

Nice update, I like it when they don't take themselves to seriously. Fun reading.

Back
Top Bottom